ARCHOS 7 Announced, First Large Screen Android Tablet Under $200

Today find Archos formerly announcing their ARCHOS 7 home tablet which aims to bridge the gap between smart phone and desktop computers. With its 7-inch touch screen (800×480) and sleek form factor, the tablet connects via WiFi hotspots and provides access to the Internet. Stay in touch with your Facebook friends and twitter followers, check email, or browse the web.

Other features include HD video playback, USB connection for transferring files, an MP3 player, and 8GB of storage. Archos claims the device can provide seven hours of video playback or 44 hours of music from one single charge.

The ARCHOS 7 home tablet comes preloaded with select Android apps including eBuddy, Aldiko, and DailyPaper. Archos’ own AppsLib is also installed allowing for users to customize their tablet with even more applications.

Look for the tablet next month for $199.99 SRP through selected retailers. If you’d like to pre-order one, head to Amazon.com now!

Scott Webster
Scott Webster 6579 posts

Touch Revolution Brings Android to Appliances

When it comes to Android-based “appliances”  there are basically two routes a company can take.  First, there are standalone devices like Touch Revolution’s NIMble (Natural Interface Module), which was shown

AndroidGals: Where are the Girlie Android Phones?

The first smart phone that I truly fell in love with was a Blackberry.  I loved it so much that I never thought I would see the day that I

Samsung sells 3 million Galaxy Note II’s in first 37 days

Samsung is well on their way to hitting the goal of 20 million Galaxy Note II sales, having already notched 3 million in just over a month’s time. According to a press

1. Terry
    May 06, 19:20 Reply

It's good enough for 200$ Even if it's on android 1.6 look at the price difference to other tablets

2. Andrex
    May 06, 16:46 Reply

Don't know if want. I like the aesthetic changes to the top bar, but I don't know about the chrome around the screen…

3. Phil
    May 06, 20:47 Reply

Awesome!! But I couldn't wait for Archos to be the "first" to give us an Android tablet under $200. I went ahead and ordered another brand from China… not under $200, but under $100 instead!! If my math is correct, this should qualify as both the first under $200 and 'under $100' as well. Though it could be argued that it doesn't qualify since it's not sold in American stores yet, it's still highly sold on ebay… which is where many of us shop anyway.

Somehow Archos' news doesn't sound all that exciting any more.

• name
      May 07, 11:32 Reply

where can i find this sub $100 device.

4. scott
    May 06, 17:49 Reply

I wonder what version of android they are running and if it upgrade to newest soon? I like to have flash support of 10.1

5. Kainoah
    May 06, 18:33 Reply

I saw that UI on the archos 5 tablet, it comes with 1.6 by the way, pretty crappy, don't know when it will be upgrades, this looks pretty good for 200 but still I'm gonna wait

6. Bruce
    May 07, 14:01 Reply

This is not a "large screen tablet." This is a large screen PMP, or a tablet with a very small screen. Wake me up when there is an Android tablet with at least 1024 x 600 resolution. That's what it takes to make a decent netbook, or a decent tablet.