Motorola is “Flipping Out” with Their New Android Handset

The square form-factored device pictured to the left is reportedly the new Motorola Android 2.1 handset called the “Flipout”.  It is being reported over at MobileCrunch that the Flipout is coming to the US in June  and will launch with three different color schemes.  The OS is said to be a new MotoBlur UI on top of Android 2.1.

The reported specs of the phone are as follows:

• 3.1 MP camera
  • QWERTY keyboard
  • 2.8 “display
  • 512 ROM
  • 256 MB RAM
  • GPS
  • 700 MHz processor

While I am not a huge fan of the square phone design, it does go to show Motorola’s continuing efforts to differentiate.  Being that this is an Android 2.1 device, perhaps Motorola is ready to start rolling the update out to previous handsets

There is no word as to which carrier will pick the Flipout up or at what price point it will have associated with it.  Speculation is AT&T, but we shall see.  This device looks to be aimed at a Sidekick crowd,with something that’s easy to fit in the pocket with the power of Android behind it.  Look for more details on the Flipout as they become available.

AndroidGuys
AndroidGuys 4641 posts

Asus intros $150 7-inch MeMO Pad

ASUS yesterday announced a budget-friendly 7-inch Android tablet, the $150 MeMO Pad. Looking remarkably similar to the Nexus 7 on the surface, the difference is found under the hood. Perhaps

ROCKI finally gets Spotify Connect support

After a long wait, Spotify support has finally come to ROCKI, but not quite how you would have expected. The tiny device that turns your ordinary speakers into DLNA compatible

Sprint announces white HTC EVO 4G LTE, will be available on July 15

In April, HTC and Sprint officially unveiled their next powerhouse smartphone known as the HTC EVO 4G LTE. It was made available in Sprint’s store during the first week of

1. Gezzy
    May 11, 01:03 Reply

Will I feel like the cliq should be the first motoblur phone to get the 2.1 up date atleast befor this phone comes out if not I will be sending my phone back and getting a mt3gslide

2. Sorcerordroid
    May 11, 02:43 Reply

I love the design but the majority of the specs are seriously lacking

3. Ken
    May 11, 04:25 Reply

I agree with Gezzy. If those of us who own cliqs and have been waiting since november for the 2.1 update arent hooked up before this phone is released, Im going to be seriously pissed off.

4. Vinny the Lips
    May 11, 08:34 Reply

@ken and Gezzy…bad news…t-mobile doesn't give a **** about us. The very first Android phone the G1 isn't even getting 2.1 goodness. Yes, Moto has promised us an update, but that doesn't mean that t-mo has to release it…or will release it for that matter. Personally, I'm outraged that Moto would even leak a new device running Blur and 2.1 together before leaking some screens of the Cliq running it. F your new device that is just the Cliq internal hardware and moto software in a different shell e.g. Backflip, Cliq XT, Devour. Stop releasing the same phone over and over again and update the one you've got out.
    Meanwhile, t-mo is afraid to release the update because the majority of their customers need a wifi connection to upgrade because they don't have 3g coverage. God forbid their customers realize just how much they are being screwed for a so-called better deal on service.

Back to my main point, t-mo doesn't give a **** about us, so don't hold your breath for anything. I love my cliq, but it desperately needs an update…specifically the screen responsiveness needs some serious tweaking. and lately my Blur has been showing news feed messages and facebook messages in their respective widgets even after I have read them.

As I have said directly in the t-mo forum, get your s**t together t-mo!
    And I would like to add Moto to that list.

Absolutely ridiculous!

• Tmo
      May 12, 03:32 Reply

Uh, their source for their article is *this* article.

5. @miniZtv
    May 15, 20:11 Reply

Needless to say, I am done with Moto..the Cliq isn't cutting it..I'm ready for some Project Emerald

6. doel
    July 13, 17:18 Reply

nice info. thank you for sharing. like this :p