Droid Eris Android 2.1 Update Being Deployed Now

Folks, it is official! The Droid Eris 2.1 update is on the way!  I know all of you have heard this before, but it is actually rolling out now.  Yay for Droid Eris customers.  While I have yet to see of anything on my Droid Eris, Verizon is tweeting about it on their official Twitter account. Let us know if you get it.  More on this later.

Source: Engadget

AndroidGuys
AndroidGuys 4627 posts

Shopkick and Retail Mobile Rewards

Just in time for the holiday season, we are seeing location based ad/rewards systems take off on the Android Platform.  The latest one to announce a new location based rewards

G2 Gets Closer to Release, Pops Up in FCC Filing

We told you about the G2 possibly launching on September 29th, and we’ve found something that seems to support our theory. A phone that may well be the T-Mobile G2

Disitmo Report Shows Android Market Could Be Doing Much Better For Itself

The Android Market is exploding  at a terrific rate, adding apps and games at an almost exponential rate.  And with 400,000 Android devices being activated every day, things couldn’t be

1. Jake
    May 11, 23:38 Reply

Why are AndroidGuys posts with the mobile theme on appearing too wide for my Droid's screen in portrait orientation? This wasn't always the case, and other WordPress sites with mobile theme on appear just fine?

• Anonymous
      May 12, 21:19 Reply

Sorry, but that site is ugly as hell. You got brass balls coming up in here and dropping another site in the comments.

2. BURN
    May 18, 21:12 Reply

although my Eris is still having issues on Android 2.1, the new features outweigh any new problems as it took away the lagging in general and tons of little previous issues that were bugging my!

3. Dominick
    May 19, 14:40 Reply

I got a new update on my Eris. Dont know if its the 2.1 but it made some improvments to the system, but now when I play music it laggs really bad when your trying to shuffle or just change the songs. didnt before update. Is anyone else having this issue?

• whacko's mom
      May 26, 02:58 Reply

Having the same problem. Music works for a while then starts randomly skipping. It is not headsets. I've tried 3 different brands. Verizon store reps say that it's a known problem and they'll reset my phone to original pre 2.1 version. I want it fixed!! Also, when music goes wierd, the voicemail randomly dials sometimes and the main screen won't unlock. This is my first smart phone. I figured that all the bugs would be worked out by the time I got it. This is a clugy product that clearly hasn't been thoroughly tested.

4. khay
    July 13, 17:09 Reply

thanks a lot! nice post :p