About Those HTC Patents…
As we reported yesterday, HTC has filed a suit against Apple for infringing upon five of their patents. We’ve learned what these particular issues are and are listing them below. They don’t sound like anything super special, but then again that might not be the point. HTC is probably just looking to tie things up a little bit and make things difficult. More than likely, it’s more of a court of public opinion trial designed to tarnish the image of Apple in whatever capacity they can. You know, taste-of-your-own-medicine stuff.
Nilay Patel has a great breakdown of the five patents over at Engadget. Be sure to check his analysis out when you’re done here.
- Patent #6,999,800 – Method for power management of a smartphone
- Patent #5,541,988 – Telephone dialer with a personalized page organization of telephone directory memory
- Patent #6,058,183 (PDF) – Telephone dialer with a personalized page organization of telephone directory memory
- Patent #6,320,957 – Telephone dialer with easy access memory
- Patent #7,716,505 (PDF) – Power control methods for a portable electronic device
You might also like
VidTrim is a new app in the Market where you can do some light video editing straight from your Android device. There are two versions, a free one, and a
Just like its rival Samsung, LG has an interest in smartphones with unusual displays. We’ve already known both companies have invested in curved displays, and now it appears they are
The HTC One M8 is a great device, contributed to by the BoomSound front-facing speakers HTC have implemented on the device, but Sprint subscribers have access to an enhanced version