Ok, For Real Guys… Android 2.1 Available for Samsung Moment

Stop us if you’ve heard this one.  Android 2.1 is available for one of Sprint’s handsets…

Word on the streets is that the Samsung Moment is finally rolling out Android 2.1 to handsets.  As reported before, this will not be an OTA update.  Users will be required to wipe their phone using instructions found here (PDF) and update via PC. While Sprint has yet to formally announce anything, the feedback we’re getting tells us this is the real deal.  If you have a Moment, head here to get started!

Repsect knuckles users from over at sdx-developers for the find.

Scott Webster
Scott Webster 6602 posts

Motorola Updates Android Upgrade Time Line

Motorola has announced that they recently upgraded their Android 2.1 and 2.2 update time line.  With this, it was revealed the already end-of-life Motorola Devour would not be upraded to

Boost Mobile now offering Samsung Galaxy Prevail LTE

Boost Mobile on Monday began offering its latest Android smartphone, the $130 Samsung Galaxy Prevail LTE. Powered by Android 4.4 KitKat, the handset features a 4.5-inch display, 5-megapixel rear camera,

An Apple a day keeps the doctor away

It has been found that people who own iPhones visit the doctor less often. Not because they are healthier, but because they just don’t have enough money left to pay

1. JohnnyPre
    May 13, 22:42 Reply

Come on, The Hero outsold the Moment. Why the Moment, and not the Hero?

Is HTC going to hamper the carriers with updates? This is ridiculous.

2. Brent
    May 13, 22:56 Reply

As of 7:00 pm EDT, The update page only shows the CL14 update for me.

3. Brent
    May 13, 22:59 Reply

but…..I just noticed…Sprint's update site shows CL14, but another forum says that the file is indeed the 2.1 update, they just haven't changed the info on the update page…and indeed the file is much bigger than what the page says.

• Kent
      May 13, 23:03 Reply

Thats exactly what I was just noticing. I'm tempted to try it. Also at Android Central's website, a user has published a link to the 2.1 download and it looks the same as the CL14 that Sprint shows. I'm so tempted!!!! lol

4. Kent
    May 13, 23:01 Reply

So Sprint pulled the info on the support page and rapidshare pulled the link also. I went to my local Sprint certified repair center and the tech showed me the actual email for Sprint and the release is official for the 14th of May. But when I click on the links on Sprints page for the CL14 update, it takes me to info that is dated 5/14/2010. So I'm wondering if the download file of 84mb is the actual 2.1 and not the CL14. I'm curious to try it but don't want to mess up.

5. Kent
    May 13, 23:30 Reply

Ok I did it! The Sprint support page says the info is for CL14, but all the links show tomorrow's date. And the actual file is 101mb instead of the 84mb that shows. It IS the official 2.1 file! I have it installed now, and it works great! Finally, our long wait is over. Thanks Sprint!

6. Justin
    May 14, 02:44 Reply

Perfect! right in time for 2.2 bwahahaha

7. androidgirl
    May 14, 03:07 Reply

I don't have a Moment yet, but I do have an imac running 10.4.11. How can I get this upgrade to 2.1 without a pc?

8. Hadtosayit
    May 14, 03:32 Reply

When is 2.2 coming out?!! Man, now I'm going to have to browse the 'net everyday for the next 8 months expecting 2.2 information only to be disappointed each. and. every. day. again…lol.

9. JMSTECHNICAL
    May 14, 05:28 Reply

Just Got it and i am super happy with how well it works and how easy it was

10. Creighton
    May 14, 09:02 Reply

Got it love it way to go to Sprint it said it was the previous update when I did it but it's 2.1. Esp glad we now have more Voice to text options supported etc. By a Moment people it's a great phone camera has always been better then the Hero & is now even better!

11. bsmith
    May 14, 11:56 Reply

This new 2.1 update is the best, the download instructions can be confusing, just make sure the file size is 101MB, that's it. For some apparent reason, Sprint forgot to update their page with the correct info.

12. Huck
    May 14, 12:48 Reply

Confirmed to be 2.1. No live wallpaper, old launcher and 3 home screens. Not a big deal for me to not have live wallpaper.

13. darren
    May 14, 13:28 Reply

sprint pulled it after the info leaked. 2.1 (de03) will most likely be re-released later today and their official announcement.

14. donna
    May 15, 02:06 Reply

I can never get my pc to recognize, so I took it to the sprint store, where they told me the update FRIED 75% of phones that day. This was after taking my phone, starting it up so it couldn't stop, and telling me, "I can get it to work. If it fries your phone, we'll get you set up for the weekend and you'll get a new one on Monday." Thank god he didn't fry it, but he did tell me not to tell anyone that he did it because he used less than official ways to get it to work and he had access to all my private data and then he was going to hang himself from a tree. Unfortunately, I pass something like 5 Sprint stores on the 45 minute drive to this one because it's the ONLY one that got the update, corrupted as the file was.

Umm…so…yeah. Yay for 2.1?

15. vegit8
    May 16, 01:21 Reply

So what's the deal? Does everyone have it now? I got my 2.1 Thursday. Is everyone else getting it? Do they have the same as me?

16. invictus
    May 17, 19:49 Reply

I downloaded it this weekend! Its awsome, almost like having a new phone!