Manually Update Your Nexus One To Android 2.2 Froyo!
FroYo (Android 2.2) is now available to download for Nexus One owners.
First impression, this thing is FAST. Just navigating around the menus, this thing is “Wickid Fast” (as Ray would say)! I can’t recall when an update had this much impact on Android’s UI.
Here’s how to update manually. Note, you MUST BE RUNNING STOCK RECOVERY!!
- Download the Android 2.2 firmware for the Nexus One – here is the link to download
- Rename the file update.zip and copy it to your microSD card via USB. [Note: make sure the file is named update.zip and not update.zip.zip.]
- Power down your Nexus One
- Hold down the “Volume Down” button as you power the phone back on.
- A screen should appear showing your phone’s system searching for various files. Scroll down to “recovery” and press the “Power” button.
- When you see the triangle with an exclamation point symbol, press the “Power” and “Volume Up” buttons at the same time.
- From the menu that appears, select “Apply sdcard:update.zip.”
- When the screen displays “Install from sdcard complete” select “reboot system now” and wait for the phone to power back up. It may reboot itself instead of asking you to do it.
Flash it, tell us what you think? Honestly, this is why I bought the Nexus One. For this moment, right here.
Edit: Thanks to Cyanogen if you want root after flashing FroYo, you’ll want to check this thread on XDA for his solution.
Thanks to Phandroid: Manually Update Your Nexus One To Android 2.2 Froyo! | Android Phone Fans.
You might also like
Wuala, an online cloud-based storage service, is extending their service to Android with a free Android application. Before you start worrying about keeping your files safe, Wuala is way ahead of you.
Has ex-Googler Erick Tseng already started making an impact with his new employer? Facebook has unleashed a beta version of their Facebook SDK for Android which was privately demonstrated at
According to recent reports, the UK version of the Samsung Galaxy Tab (7-inch) is set to receive its Android 2.3 update in the near future. Recombu advises that a a source close