Adobe Reader Arrives for Android

So I just happened to notice Adobe Reader in the Android Market a few minutes ago, sitting there with less than 50 downloads!  What a sneaky little product release that was, Adobe.  This marks only the second title from the company, following last year’s Photoshop app.  The photo editing tool has seen over 250,000 downloads since launch so we fully expect Reader to hit that mark too.  A free official PDF client has long been asked for by fans.

Features listed in the market description include:

• Open PDF files as email attachments and on the web
  • Interact with PDF files using advanced multi-touch gestures like Pinch zoom, Double tap Zoom, Flick scrolling & Panning
  • Reflow view fits the page contents to the screen for easy viewing

After spending a couple of minutes with the app, we’re already hoping to see support for opening locally stored PDF files.  We’d love to sideload our Watchmen comics to read back on a 4.3-inch EVO screen!

BE ADVISED: Reader needs the following in order to install and work properly – Android v 2.1 and above, 550 MHz processor, 256 MB of RAM, and4.3 MB of available disk space

AndroidGuys
AndroidGuys 4627 posts

Alcatel Pixi 3 series runs Android, Windows or FireFox OS

Alcatel’s latest line of smartphones, the Pixi 3, can do something that no other handset can: run Android, Windows or FireFox OS. Indeed, the new series of devices is available in

Cobra Electronics Announces Availability of Cobra iRadar for Android

he industry’s most advanced smart detection system, providing Cobra customers with personal safety, driving peace-of-mind, and near real-time safety information updates. The system uses Bluetooth® wireless technology to communicate between an advanced, dash-mounted radar/laser detector and the Cobra iRadar app, which is free and easily downloaded to an Android smartphone. When connected, the app displays radar/laser alerts, allows the user to control detector settings, and alerts the driver to upcoming photo enforcement areas using the AURA™ Camera & Driving Hazard Database. The Cobra iRadar platform consists of:

Huawei Ascend P2 announced as world’s fastest 4G LTE smartphone

Huawei today announced the latest member of its Android arsenal in the form of the Ascend P2. Expected to hit markets in the second quarter of the year, the Ascend

1. racelife
    May 24, 19:26 Reply

Finally! just last night I was searching for a better way to view .pdf

2. Bo Stone
    May 24, 15:35 Reply

I thought it was a joke, but no – real deal. It was weird to see that “<50 downloads" there

3. Rubbinz
    May 24, 19:35 Reply

Buggy as sin and slow for me on my N1 with Froyo. I double tap to zoom, it zooms in then crashes. The bundled viewer on the N1 is much faster.

4. Raphaels
    May 24, 19:37 Reply

Still no way to place notes on a PDF on Android… I would have ope that from Adobe.

5. Tenkely
    May 24, 19:42 Reply

Think I'll stick with the bundled viewer on my N1… why waste resources with two apps that have identical functions?

6. LipGloss712
    May 24, 19:47 Reply

I don't see it on the market. On the G1. Ugh can't wait to get the EVO as soon as it comes out!

7. dethduck
    May 24, 19:48 Reply

I'm going to guess it's for OS 2.x or higher, running 1.6 on my MT3G and showing nothing in market.

8. iliyang
    May 24, 19:51 Reply

Agree with Rubbinz. Tested on a 580 page book – scrolling is a bit faster with the Adobe reader, but the files takes forever to load. Plus, the HTC PDF Reader (which actually contains Adobe Reader LE 2.5, as it says in the About screen) has an order of magnitude more options…

Come on, Adobe! Hire one more person – you can do better than that. You've made PDF files part of our daily lives – now provide us with a decent PDF reader!

And I want it to remember the last position when I reopen a file, please! I don't want to scroll 324 pages every time….

9. muziqaz
    May 24, 23:58 Reply

Seeing how adobe 'supports and develops' it other products(flash, mobile photoshop), I will stay away as far as possible from them.

10. Zaerath
    May 25, 03:41 Reply

So basically…. No G1 support, since the newer Magic/MyTouch has 256MB of RAM, and all G1s only have 192MB….

11. just some dude
    May 30, 20:53 Reply

man for me this is the fastest pdf viewer so far on my N1 froyo. faster than quick office, docs2go.

12. khay
    July 13, 06:58 Reply

thanks for sharing. nice post :p