Epicurious Brings Recipe App to Android
Award-winning food website, Epicurious.com has dropped their first application into the Android Market today. The freely available Epicurious’ Recipes & Shopping List: On the Go and In the Kitchen provides users with the ability to browse and search the Epicurious.com database of over 28,000 editor-created and tested recipes. Further, the app provides step-by-step instructions, a shopping list, and recipe sharing. Oh, there’s also a great little widget that provides the recipe of the day!
Features found in Epicurious’ Recipes & Shopping List: On the Go and In the Kitchen:
- Proven recipes: Over 28,000 professionally tested recipes to ensure a delicious meal. Sources include two of the most respected brands in the business, Gourmet and Bon Appétit, plus web-exclusive recipes from renowned chefs and cookbook authors.
- Voice Recognition Search: Speak the name of an ingredient or recipe into the phone and instantly receive recipes.
- Homepage widget: Click here to find out what Epicurious.com’s delicious recipe of the day is.
- Browse functionality: Browse popular recipe collections, from Weeknight Dinners to Cool Cocktails. Select a recipe collection from the Home screen, then swipe to flip from recipe to recipe.
- A robust search engine: Swipe through cool icons on the search screen to filter by what’s in your fridge, what’s healthy, what’s in season, and more. Find inspiration browsing by type of dish, main ingredient, cuisine, dietary consideration, dish type, and season or occasion. Or, search recipes by keyword.
- Saving and sending functionality: Save recipes to your Favorites by tapping the plus sign on any recipe image. E-mail any recipe to yourself or to a friend.
- Shopping List: Shop on the go by saving recipes to your Shopping List (just tap the plus sign on any recipe image). At the store, check off items as you shop.
- Cookbook mode: Tap “view recipe” to see the recipe in step-by-step view for easy-to-follow instructions in the kitchen.
This marks not only the first Epicurious app created for Android but also the first Condé Nast Digital selection as well. You can find this in the Android Market for all version of Android starting with 1.5 and higher.
You might also like
If you find yourself with ten minutes to spare and have a hankering for some “found footage” sci-fi, then you’ll want to to check out the video below. Called The
Acer is one of the leading tech companies in the world, and a few months ago, they launched their first ever Honeycomb tablet, the Acer Iconia. It looks like Acer is