GameLoft Changes DRM Policy on HD Android Games

Last week, many of you may have read of GameLoft’s outrageous DRM policy regarding HD Android games sold through their site.  Fortunately, due to many complaints and the negative response from the Android community, GameLoft has changed their stance.  They listened to the concerns of many of their potential customers and have taken significant action. For starters, they’ve completely reversed their stance on re-downloading games that aren’t in the Android market.  We don’t details and specifics yet about how many downloads you are allowed, but when we do we will certainly let you know.

Overall, I think it’s great that GameLoft changed their stance.  It really shows that they care about their customers. Good job GameLoft!

So, what are your thoughts? Will you buy a GameLoft game for your Android handset?

Source: GameLoft and Phandroid

AndroidGuys
AndroidGuys 4627 posts

New type of wearable introduced at CES 2015

Optinvent, a company that specializes in smart wearables (specifically eyewear), announced a new type of wearable technology today at CES that they are calling the ORA-X. This new device is

Fresh Samsung Galaxy A5, A3 images show off aluminum unibody

So, we’ve heard quite a bit about the rumored Samsung Galaxy A3 and A5 in the past few weeks. These mid-rangers are rumored to be released around Q3 for about

‘Sense’ to be Available for HTC Magic Handsets*

Good news for those of you who own the HTC Magic. HTC recently announced that they will soon be offering a free upgrade to HTC Magic owners on Chunghwa Telecom’s

1. uio
    June 03, 00:58 Reply

I w ant to buy the 3D golf game but they don't make it for HTC incredible yet apparently.

2. Jamie
    June 03, 01:51 Reply

No. I won't be buying GameLoft games because they DO NOT care about their customers. If they did then they wouldn't have done any of this in the first place or event be using any DRM crap at all. The only reason they have changed their policy is because the negativity was affecting their profits. It's all about the money.

Maybe if they release it into the Android Market I will have a better view of them. Until then. Die in hell GameLoft.

3. Tenkely
    June 03, 03:12 Reply

Until these games are available from the ANDROID MARKET, I will not be buying them. I am not doing this 3rd party app store custom DRM nonsense.

4. Ferreus
    June 03, 04:39 Reply

First they throw lame j2me ported games to us, then they don't believe in android,
    then they don't believe in android market, now drm.
    For me, it's too many mistakes for one company. I'm not going to buy their games in the future.

5. Joerg Michael
    June 03, 09:12 Reply

Simply the fact that they tried this crap tells me that they DO NOT care one bit about their customers. It's not exactly news that DRM is bad for the paying customer and doesn't solve the piracy problem.

6. David Castellani
    June 03, 12:59 Reply

I tried to go to their site to buy a game, but their FAQ still says you only get ONE download, and you still have to buy the game again if you want it on a different device/etc.

Also, it only lets me select Verizon as my carrier in the US. WTF

I dont think ill be buying a game from them until it hits the Android Market.

7. khay
    July 13, 05:56 Reply

nice post. thakns for sharing. i like it :p

8. thomas
    September 20, 14:30 Reply

i have an android lg optimus its not hd i wish it could be hd and normal qauality