Rumor:Froyo-Flavored Scorpion to Sting Verizon Customers with 1.5GHz

Like a bad penny, the Scorpion rumors have turned up again.  The last time we checked in on this phone we were reporting that it would feature a 1.5GHz processor and have support for WiMAX.  We, like others, assumed it was Sprint-bound.  It doesn’t look that way any longer.

Mobile Crunch is reporting this afternoon that a “well-informed” source has tipped the phone for a Verizon release.  This source, conflipper, is a pretty big ROM hacker and feels pretty strongly about Verizon being the carrier.  Like most Android rumors, I am inclined to believe them.  There really haven’t been that many that don’t actually come to fruition in some form or another.  For what it’s worth, Snapdragon handsets were first whispered when rumors of an HTC Dragon showed up.  Maybe this is all related to the Scorpion processors from Qualcomm?

Will there be other Scorpion handsets? More importantly, who is psyched over an Android 2.2 phone at 1.5Ghz?

Scott Webster
Scott Webster 6579 posts

FaceStore for Android Wear ['Watch' This App]

Got yourself a fancy new Android Wear smartwatch? Well we’ve got just the app for you. FaceStore is a simple collection of high quality watch faces for you to download

Electric Pocket Puts a Fresh Face on Android, Offering PhoneFace Speed “Photo-Dialing” for Android-based Smartphones Wye Valley, UK (MobilityNewswire) April 23, 2009 – Electric Pocket is today announcing a new

How loyal are you to your Android handset maker? #androidfeedback

Would you consider another brand for your next Android?

1. kevin
    June 03, 21:41 Reply

Oh geeze, now a 1.5Ghz? Make it stop! Make it stop!

2. webby
    June 03, 22:01 Reply

1.5Ghz + Android 2.2 = pin your ears back blazing speed.

Sign me up!

3. @EggoEspada
    June 03, 22:10 Reply

Damn. Froyo 2.2 && SnapDragon 1.5Ghz && with Verizon?
    This is madness!

Verizon seems to get the best Android phones, makes me glad I'm with them. :)

4. sumvision cyclone
    June 04, 04:51 Reply

It is sad that TMobile can not even a rumor GE. A hot rumor has legs superphone. Every either Verizon or Sprint. WTF. I have this device. Another list of great long phones verizon. I will not be the only customer TMobile pissed rumors, and none deserves to be read pertaing TMobile. I bet that unit us to Verizon.

5. TareX
    June 04, 04:36 Reply

Scorpion is “not bad”. The thing is, it can’t accelerate Youtube HD as smooth as Tegra 2, and also consumes a lot more battery juice than Tegra 2….

I’ve seen what it’s capable of, which is pretty impressive. I think it will come down to battery life. I guess people will appreciate Tegra 2’s battery life advantage, especially after Sprint’s EVO 4G failure to last more than 6 hours with regular usage.

6. Craig
    June 04, 11:43 Reply

I have actually been pretty impressed with the battery life of my EVO. It lasts through the whole day even with some pretty hefty usage. Hasn't let me down yet!

7. MikeL
    June 06, 09:54 Reply

a 2gz phone will not be released in 2010, at least not by qualcomm

8. khay
    July 13, 05:23 Reply

nice post. thanks for sharing. i like it :p