Download This: doubleTwist Player

Earlier this week saw the release of a doubleTwist media player for Android which plays both audio and video files. Naturally, it integrates easily with their free desktop client for importing and exporting playlists and podcasts. Available free for a limited time, it’s every bit as polished and clean as similar titles and far better than the stock media player that comes with Android. The company promises widgets and other features down the road so you’re advised to grab it out of the Market today. This way you’re sure to get the updates for free as well.

Scan to download doubleTwist Player

Scott Webster
Scott Webster 6577 posts

Domino’s Pizza lets customers pay via Google Wallet

Domino’s Pizza on Monday announced that customers can now order and pay for their pizza using Google Wallet. The payment system has been integrated into the mobile ordering application for

Push links, files, locations and more with Pushbullet! [App of the Day]

It’s always fun to see what kinds of apps are out there that push the boundaries of what our devices can do. For those of you who want to be able

LG G3 renders leaked ahead of formal debut

Thanks to the folks at Phone Arena, we have seen the official, “unofficial” press renders leak of the unannounced LG G3.  Mostly we have seen blurry or just plane terrible

1. xen13
    June 05, 15:49 Reply

This player sucks. You have to sync it with the desktop app, it won't see the music already on your sd card. And there's no Linux client. Until they let the app see music already on the sd card, in the standard place, forget it. Every other player does this. It's not hard.

• Kleany
      June 05, 22:01 Reply

i never synced it up, and it finds my music fine…..dunno wtf your talking about.

• xen13
        June 06, 11:54 Reply

Well I dunno either then. All I get when I tap Artists, Albums, or Songs is a screen that says, "Use doubleTwist on your Mac or PC to sync music to your phone". Tapping Videos sees some videos, but that's it. There's no settings other than Auto USB drive.

2. @pdxvr
    June 05, 16:17 Reply

it's buggy and it read all the music on my phone just fine, actually it read all media files on my phone, even ones inside the apk's. it's slow, album art takes forever to render, the graphics are too large and block, a little too windows 7 for my taste. but it is a pretty good start, probably a better start than many other players.

3. Canuck
    June 05, 16:25 Reply

It doesn't even read music on my SD card? Sounds pretty pointless. If I wanted to have to sync with a desktop or laptop, I would have bought an iPhone :)

• Kleany
      June 05, 22:03 Reply

……..all my music is on my SD card….reads it fine….

4. mauriceh
    June 05, 17:23 Reply

It read an indexed all the media on m N1 just fine
    It included playlists, podcasts and video a well.
    Have not yet played much, but it seems OK so far..
    Integration with my PC version is nice ( a la iTunes, but not so Apple possessive)
    No Linux client is annoying..

5. MightyMatt
    June 05, 18:36 Reply

It's worth noting that the desktop app requires you to create an account. According to the devs, this is used only to track usage stats and for some future social networking aspects. But there's no way to opt out and there doesn't seem to be a way to prevent it calling home, so, you know, careful on that front.

That said, I'll give the Android player app a try.

6. AndroidUser
    June 06, 15:58 Reply

Slow, feature limited, unreliable: disappointing. There are far better media players @ android market.

7. toms_hut
    June 06, 23:03 Reply

Really beautiful. Wish it would show bigger Album Art like Mixzing does. Wish Mixzing would be using default Album Art location like _all_ other Media Players do :P

8. niniii0
    June 07, 03:30 Reply

9. khay
    July 13, 05:08 Reply

nice post. thanks for sharing. i like it :p

10. Synolic
    September 25, 18:06 Reply

Doubletwist is a memory-hogging parasite built into the T-Mobile Galaxy S I bought and for some corporate greedy reason a user cannot uninstall it. Shame on Google, Samsung or T-Mobile who is responsible for this.