Is Something Happening to Your Android Market?

I’m thinking that something is brewing on Android market.  Yesterday afternoon I noticed that order of many apps in the “Productivity” category had changed drastically.  The last I checked, at least one of my apps – Hire*A*Droid is missing comments entirely (it had about 350). A quick search on Twitter yielded some entries indicating that paid apps started to appear on international markets as well as some apps mysteriously disappearing from the Market altogether.

I’m wondering that with “Apple thing” finally over the time has come for the big Froyo and market push?  Is Google set to deliver on all these wonderful promises that got us all excited just two weeks ago. What do you think?

More importantly, have you noticed any changes on the market?

AndroidGuys
AndroidGuys 4627 posts

Sprint serves up Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Sprint this morning announced that the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update is available for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. The update will be pushed automatically to Galaxy Tab 2

Download This: Goal.com Mobile World Cup 2010 Edition

We previously covered Goal.com Mobile here around a month or so back but  felt it somewhat necessary to remind you guys and gals about this free app.  For those of

T-Mobile may introduce data passport plan with international coverage

T-Mobile is slated to usher in the third phase of its Uncarrier initiative this evening and there is plenty of buzz as to what might be announced. We’ve previously heard

1. coop
    June 08, 14:17 Reply

Unable to find Foursquare in the market anymore on my Incredible.

2. Mark
    June 08, 14:27 Reply

i am from singapore and have used market enabler to buy apps namely setting profiles and xscope. even without activating market enabler now, i see the 'purchased' status besides my apps, something that didnt happen previously.

3. burger
    June 08, 14:30 Reply

coop – Search appbrain; something is up with the market right now. Bugs? Something new coming? Not sure.

• coop
      June 08, 14:34 Reply

Foursquare is on AppBrain – in fact, it has been pending installation for 18 hours now for me.

4. codiac1881
    June 08, 14:31 Reply

Yes. I can't find apps that are listed on appbrain. Primarily square (the credit card processing app) and and update for a paid game I own, home run Derby 3d. I called globule and they said I needed to contact the developers. I'm running froyo on my n1. Something about different versions on android show different things. I'm lost.

5. droidin
    June 08, 15:16 Reply

UPDATE: All my comments are back. Including these that I wish wouldn't be :)

6. Packetknife
    June 08, 11:26 Reply

HTC Droid Incredible — Market presented updates for Chomp, Hoccer, and Qik. Installed the first two but now they’re not showing on the Market, my Downloads within Market, or on a search. I didn’t update Qik immediately and the update disappeared and it’s not showing in market again.

7. Dan
    June 08, 17:25 Reply

Alot of apps have been gone from the market: quicksettings & Handcent to name a couple. Not sure whats going on. I emailed Handcent and they said it was a market issue