Tips to Extend the HTC Evo and Incredible’s Battery Life
If you are a proud owner of the latest and greatest EVO 4g, or the Droid Incredible, you may have noticed that the battery life issue in Android plagues you just like it still does the unlucky G1 owners who have to wait a little more to upgrade their phones.
It seems all the goodness that comes with the phones sucks your battery life considerably, with 12 hours of use time being the max between charges.
The guys over at Mobilecrunch.com have some tips for those of you who may be knew to the Android platform to conserve a bit of battery power. Here are a few of them for you to try out, check out the whole article to get the full skinny on how to save some of your precious battery life.
- Delete the large HTC widgets like bookmarks and FriendStream
- Turn off widget animations, and screen animations
- Turn off your live wallpaper, it is a nice piece of eyecandy, but it slows down your phone and drains battery
- Turn off your auto brightness, set your screen backlight to 10%
- Take your screen timeout down from 1 minute to 15 seconds
- Keep your radios off when you aren’t using them, WiFi, GPS and 4g.
If you live in an area where you do not have 3 or 4g, you can go into your settings and tell your handset to use only 2g towers, which will also save your battery life.
With our beloved Android Handsets picking up more and more power, let’s hope that they come up with something to help with the power drain management in the future!