AT&T Announces $129.99 HTC Aria for June 20
AT&T has announced via Facebook that their next Android handset, the HTC Aria, will be available June 20th. If you’ve been following along for the last few weeks then you’ll not be surprised by the form factor. Dropping at $129.99 (after $100 mail-in rebate), the pocket-sized Aria marks the first of several promised Android 2.1 handsets from the carrier.
The HTC Aria features a 5-megapixel camera, a 3.2 inch HVGA touch display, and an optical joystick similar to the one found in Desire and Droid Incredible. As seen in the video last week, the phone runs HTC’s Sense UI and offers all the widgets you’ve come to love including the social network-based Friend Stream. Rounding out the specs are support for WiFi, Bluetooth, 3G, and AT&T’s High Speed Packet Access (HSPA) 7.2 Mbps technology.
The meat and potato specs:
- Android 2.1 with HTC Sense
- 600MHz Qualcomm MSM7227 processor
- 512MB ROM/384MB RAM
- 3.2-inch capacitive touchscreen (320×480)
- 5-megapixel camera
- 2GB microSD card included
- Dimensions 4.1 by 2.3 b0.46 inches
- Weight (with battery): 3.8 ounces
- Battery: 1200mAh
- Quadband EDGE (850/900/1800/1900), dual band HSPA (850/1900)
- Digital compass, WiFi, aGPS, HSPA 7.2
HTC Aria will be available on June 20 at AT&T retail locations nationwide or at http://www.att.com/wireless for $129.99 after $100 mail-in rebate (pay $229.99 and after mail-in rebate receive $100 AT&T Promotion Card. Two-year agreement required and smartphone data plan required).