Just a friendly reminder that the HTC Aria is now officially available through AT&T’s website and retail stores around the country. As of today, June 20th, the cost is $129.99 upfront with no rebates to worry about. AT&T is taking the $100 off the top as part of an “online discount”. That’s not a bad price at all considering what you get. Full cost, without a contract, the phone will set you back $379.99 .
The Aria runs Android 2.1 with HTC‘s Sense UI and falls right in the middle of the line in terms of today’s handsets. If you’re looking for your first Android phone, the Aria would be a wise choice. However, if you are looking to upgrade from a previous Android phone and really want AT&T service, we recommend waiting for the Captivate later this summer.
- Android 2.1 with HTC Sense
- 600MHz Qualcomm MSM7227 processor
- 512MB ROM/384MB RAM
- 3.2-inch capacitive touchscreen (320×480)
- 5-megapixel camera
- 2GB microSD card included
- Dimensions 4.1 by 2.3 b0.46 inches
- Weight (with battery): 3.8 ounces
- Battery: 1200mAh
- Quadband EDGE (850/900/1800/1900), dual band HSPA (850/1900)
- Digital compass, WiFi, aGPS, HSPA 7.2