Google Voice Open to Everyone (in the US)

Starting today, Google Voice is open to the public. No need for an invitation. Google Voice is a service provided by Google that lets users customize their telephone experience by giving them one number that can forward to a number of different devices based on user preferences such as time of day or the contact who is calling. The service also provides a voicemail box which users can access not only on their phones, but on the web as well. It even has text transcribed voicemails for those times where you can’t listen to each one.

I’ve fully switched over to using Google Voice about 6 months ago and I love it. Using the Google Voice Android app, I get text messages, low international call rates and voicemails that I can read. The app is just as seamless as any other Google application on Android phones and is tightly integrated so you don’t even have to think about using it. The service was especially useful when I had to travel abroad for an extended time. I didn’t have to switch to a new cell phone or give my friends a new number, I just forwarded all of my calls to Skype and used Fring to make low cost data calls on my existing phone.

If you haven’t given Google Voice a try, go ahead and sign up now and see for yourself. Its got tons of cool features and is worth a look.

(Unless you are outside the US. Unfortunately the service is still US only.)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOZU7BOeQ58&[/youtube]

Source: Official Google Blog

AndroidGuys
AndroidGuys 4627 posts

LG G Watch goes up on pre-order for $255

It’s just a matter of time now until we expect to see the LG G Watch officially announced at Google I/O alongside the Moto 360, both of which will

No Movies For You!

I have not written an opinion piece in a long while, mostly because I usually cover my opinions when we have a “Rayge Against the Machine” segment on AGTN. But this morning, I find myself dusting off the old opinion button here at AG, because of the fact that those of us, (pretty much everyone reading this blog), who have rooted devices will not be able to rent movies on the shiny new offering from Google in the Android Web Market.

HTC Zara Mini is HTC Z3, says evleaks

We had written recently (yesterday, in fact) with leaked photos of the HTC Zara Mini, a smaller version of the HTC Zara, an as yet unannounced addition to the HTC

1. @Jaked14
    June 22, 19:09 Reply

It killed me when, having waited for 6+ months with an invitation for Google Voice to come to Canada I let myself get excited about this (thinking it was maybe possibly in Canada) no such luck. I'm bummed but still hopeful

2. William
    June 22, 19:24 Reply

Just signed up and got things running. I'm currently only using the voicemail part of it, but it works beautifully and its awesome. Very easy to set up and very customizable. Finally the perfect 'visual voicemail' i've been waiting for. Its also cool to check everything from my browser(Chrome)… running everything on my N1 – 2.1 – Cyanogen 5.0.8

3. arief
    June 23, 02:05 Reply

okay i wanna try sign up now and try some feature..nice info…

4. mutiara
    June 26, 15:53 Reply

i hope the service will come to indonesia soon..

5. eka
    July 12, 14:33 Reply

nice video.. thanks for sharing

6. prepaid phone cards
    April 28, 09:11 Reply

Cannot currently send your GV caller-ID when making outbound calls. (The site states they are working on this), but calls to your GV number will carry the originator’s caller-id.

Calls coming to multiple phones are a crap-shoot as to who will get them and both folks cna “think” they are getting it. The one test I made, my wife and I both attempted to answer my son’s call… I got it, and he and I could talk, He says he could hear her before it disconnected her, but she could not hear us and I I could not hear her. Answering a call like this could be somewhat frustrating as you could be dead-set on answering it and basically get hung up on.

7. prepaid phone cards
    April 28, 09:11 Reply

8. Melilea
    February 17, 03:02 Reply

indeed there are always new innovations from google,, I will try google voice features of this hotel.Thank you for sharing the information.