Froyo Build FRF83 Now Available for Nexus One Users

Another incremental Froyo build is being pushed out to Nexus One users.   This time it’s build number is FRF83.  If you are getting tired of FRF50, download the OTA right here and manually install it.  I should note that you must be running the FRF50 update.   The update will simply fail for users running FRF72 who try this.

Oh, and let us know if you find anything new!

Source: xda-developers

AndroidGuys
AndroidGuys 4641 posts

Dropbox hires Motorola CEO Dennis Woodside

In an announcement which is sure to send a firm message to Dropbox competitors that it means business, Motorola CEO Dennis Woodside is set to be announced as their latest

Android 5.0 coming to LG’s E series of Android Tablets starting April 12th

If you own one of LG’s E-Series of Android tablets, which include the G Pad 7.0, 8.0 and 10.1, then we have some great news for you. Starting April 12th, LG

Is Google’s new app policy just a bunch of lip service?

Remember early this month when Google advised they would be taking a more proactive approach to removing shoddy or spammy apps?  Designed to keep the the Google Play Store a

1. Josh
    June 24, 01:56 Reply

Still waiting on a version of FroYo I can use on my AT&T Nexus One… I'm getting jealous of you guys with your FroYo goodness!

2. Paul
    June 24, 02:35 Reply

Where do I get FRF 50? I'll load that and then load the new build.

• DarthDroid
      June 25, 21:21 Reply

just google it and download it yourself then update the phone. there are many websites that will show you how to do it step by step if you dont know how to do it yourself

3. mauro
    June 24, 02:40 Reply

I have the FRF72, what should I do?

• dave
      June 23, 22:47 Reply

Is there a way to downgrade from 72 to 50 then upgrade to 83?

• JamesG44
        June 28, 02:26 Reply

I had FRF72 and it worked for me. go to : http://androidandme.com/2010/06/news/nexus-one-re

Theres a link that is for users going from FRF72 to FRF83 . It worked for me the first time i tried. Only step that is different is once its installed, u have to click "reboot system" good luck!

4. @mlevin2
    June 24, 02:48 Reply

I'm in the same boat (I'm on FRF72 unrooted and now I'm stuck). I'm annoyed.

• daveloft
      June 24, 05:35 Reply

At least your running Froyo. I'm stuck with EPE54B 2.1update 1 build. Everyone running the T-Mobile version 2.1 has gotten 2 updates already and this third one. I'm done with being patient.

If the source code is out, Froyo must be done. Just put all the versions for download on your site Google and be done with it.

5. Dan
    June 24, 03:18 Reply

Others who are running FRF72 are reporting that they are getting FRF83 over the air. Keep an eye out for it over the next few days.

6. Julius
    June 24, 03:33 Reply

"You know, I know this steak doesn't exist." I know I would be happier not knowing and just receiving the OTA update… or having a certain date which is probably unrealistic. :) Ahh the anticipation.

7. Oli
    June 24, 11:10 Reply

Hi, what is the content of this new up date?

8. James
    June 24, 11:34 Reply

I was on 72 and just manually updated to 83. Here's what I did.
    1. Download and rename "update" and copy to SD card. http://android.clients.google.com/packages/passio
    2. Turn off phone. Hold down trackball and power button.
    3. Select Bootloaded and Recovery. When shows logo press power and volume up and select "update.zip."
    That's it. No need to revert to 50 or 2.1. Now have FRE83.

• dave
      June 25, 15:39 Reply

I tried it but it didn’t work with package from XDA developers and the link you put up is down…any way you can send me the package?

9. staid
    June 24, 11:37 Reply

I just updated from 72 to 83 and now the market is showing me apps that have been missing since I went to FRF50. The FRF83 update also seems to have fixed the sluggish performance issue I was having with my Nexus, so far so good. I noticed that the FRF72 to FRF83 build was pretty small (under 700k), so I am assuming it was only some code fixes, but I am not sure.

10. Mahama
    June 24, 11:48 Reply

yes, can confirm the update from frf 72 to frf 83
    protected apps are now visible!

• James
      June 25, 22:43 Reply

I just manually did the FRF 83 zip from FRF72 and I can still not view protected apps… I think something is not so official about this "final" update.

11. tygar
    June 24, 15:59 Reply

This is crazy…. just update to all already! Come on Google!

12. rolly
    June 24, 20:34 Reply

Followed James' instructions from 72 to 83….works fine…..: ) thanks! Now let's find out what is new.

• James
      June 25, 02:57 Reply

Glad it worked Rolly. I haven't noticed anything new.

13. Ryan
    June 24, 22:24 Reply

Wondering if anyone that upgraded from 72 to 83 is experiencing trouble downloading apps from the market.

I keep getting "Download Unsuccessful" when updating or downloading apps.

14. mob
    June 25, 12:15 Reply

i had to reinstall swype after going from 72 to 83 again, but no big deal…haven't noticed anything else new…anyone else figure out any new features? and the real question is will t-mob or att block or disable any features when they ota it? i'll keep my 83 if they try to block mifi!!

• Andy
      June 25, 09:30 Reply

I had swype running just fine, then updated to 83 and it stopped. The keyboard works in tap-tap-tap mode; but not in slidy-swype.

Is that what you saw? And all it took was a re-install?

15. mola
    June 25, 17:27 Reply

So much info about people wanting to get the update and no info on what the update even provides to see if it is worth the effort. Anyone have any info to share on experience, features or enhancements?

16. mutiara
    June 26, 15:38 Reply

if i try to install this one in spica, will i succeeded?

17. James
    June 28, 02:09 Reply

I don't know if this is actually the final release since Google has not issued an official announcement. Makes me think it may not be the final release. We'll see.