Beta Test This: RealPlayer Beta for Android

Real Networks, a company which was once one of the biggest online media brands out there, has released a mobile app for Android. Dubbed RealPlayer Beta for Android, the application is an all-in-one media player capable of handling Music, Videos and Photos. It supports MP3, H.264, MPEG-4 and JPEG.  It is being geared as an overall media solution for Android smartphones.

Though its not the best media player around, RealPlayer is still very good.  The interface is extremely sharp and stylish.  Unfortunately, however, the menus and overall operation of the app is still sluggish, but we forgive this because the app is still in beta! It is still growing and developing.

Music can be viewed according to Artists, Albums, Genres, Most Played, Ratings and Recently Played and this can be switched easily with a slide bar at the bottom. The Home button helps you switch from Music to Video and so on.  The app is very easy to navigate and friendly.  I found it to be one of my most user friendly media apps available at the moment.

You can download RealPlayer from Market.  If I were you I’d definitely give it a look!

AndroidGuys
AndroidGuys 4627 posts

Netflix App Found in LG Revolution System Dump

AndroidPolice recently posted a full system dump of the upcoming 4G LG Revolution for Verizon Wireless. Through this dump, all seemed pretty normal, until a Netflix app was found. After testing this

NVIDIA says quad-core smartphones to ship this quarter

Speaking on the company’s earnings call yesterday, NVIDIA CEO Jen-Hsun Huang advised that quad-core Tegra 3 smartphones would begin shipping later this quarter.  Given that Mobile World Congress is only a

Corning to announce Gorilla Glass 2 at CES

As if Gorilla Glass weren’t already tough enough, Corning has announced plans to introduce Gorilla Glass 2, the latest in their line of ridiculously durable screens. It’s so tough and

1. Matt M
    June 28, 23:41 Reply

This is hilarious.

I don't care if it's the best app ever made for Android, I will never touch anything that comes from Real.

2. @PacoBell
    June 28, 23:44 Reply

It doesn't even support its own rmvb format. What a joke!

3. Jamie
    June 29, 00:02 Reply

You think that it's sluggish because it's still in BETA? Umm.. No, it's sluggish because it's RealPlayer. I used to use it back BEFORE it was "one of the biggest online media brands out there". Back when it was actually good. Then it became a bloated piece of crap and so will never use it again.

Doesn't support rmvb? That IS hilarious.

4. c00ller
    June 29, 00:04 Reply

Um, RealPlayer? The software that everyone has come to hate and avoid like the plague over the past 10 years?
    This is indeed very comical.

5. INsano
    June 29, 07:24 Reply

I'd be sooner to install a test version of AOL 2.5 for Android than I would to install Real Player for Android. Think they did all the damage they needed to do in the PC platform. REALly?

6. HunterX
    June 29, 07:55 Reply

It even copies a RealPlayer setup exe to your SDcard!

7. just some dude
    July 09, 23:17 Reply

Not when I used winblows, not now that i use Mac, and not on my Android. RealPlayer sucks, always has always will. bloatware.

8. StarDune
    July 23, 01:08 Reply

………Wondering if this Beta will play ‘real player videos’ on actual web-pages (like the NASA site etc) when I web-surf with Android – or will it just play uploaded stuff from my home desktop?
    Now; on my Captivate when I hit a web page with a ‘Real vid or clip’ on it it, that section just comes up blank – like ‘Flash” vids & clips etc on Android… Anybody have any knowledge about that .. Thanks John

9. StarDune
    July 23, 05:10 Reply

………..Wondering if this Beta will play ‘real player videos’ on actual web-pages (like NASA etc) etc when I web-surf with Android – or will it just play uploaded stuff from my home desktop?
    Thanks John

10. Aymz
    January 05, 09:46 Reply

I cant find it on Android Market…could anywhere share the url for its download plz

• Dollar
      January 05, 14:56 Reply

I just got it off of the android market today

11. Hammady
    January 28, 06:39 Reply

I can’t find it on the Market, I faked Verizon and T-Mobile but same problem, any ideas?