January 27, 2015

Root Your HTC Evo 4G the Easy Way With "Simple Root"

Thanks to the diligent and genius work of XDA users jiqqamanMast3rpyrO, webs05, toastcfh, Koush, and maejrep, the HTC Evo 4G can now be rooted using just one click.  That’s right, you can now root, unlock Nand, and even flash a Recovery Image with in just one tap! Are you as excited as we are?

With this,  the development of ROMs and themes should move along quite nicely for Sprint’s flagship 4G Android device.  If you want to experience the magical world of root on your Evo, jump over to XDA and try it for yourself.

What type of ROM/theme would you like to see on the Evo 4G? Perhaps a Froyo Sense ROM? Or maybe you want a stock Android theme? Let us know in the comments below. Can’t wait to hear from you!

Source: XDA-Developers

1. @tooshel

I just want Froyo so I can get rid of 2.1 and Sense. All these different UI's is the real fragmentation on Android.

2. Dragonithe

I would really love it if they also make this for the desire.
    It's really aswome.

3. David

I followed this guide and now I cant connect to any 4g towers. It looks like i have some dev build because I can see extra stuff I didn't have access to before like wimax settings and stuff like that.

Any ideas?

• chris

flash a custom rom that 4g works with. find fresh 0.5.3 on the xda forums. works perfect!

4. jared

@David I had the same issue with 4th, also I can’t get aiki or fringe to do video chat, its like they have no clue I have a front facing camera! But to stay on topic, i want Froyo! Screw HTC sense!

5. Rikki

Please help me. I cannot get my Evo to Root. I want to and i’ve been trying unsucessfully for 3 weeks. If anyone can offer some assistance I’d be eternally grateful.

6. Clutch

For some reason it doesnt let me fully download the Microsoft .NET 4.0 framework.. it says i have a choice to repair it or uninstall but when i repair it and restart my comp it just says the same thing all over again,,,,help!

POST A COMMENT.