Root Your HTC Evo 4G the Easy Way With “Simple Root”

Thanks to the diligent and genius work of XDA users jiqqamanMast3rpyrO, webs05, toastcfh, Koush, and maejrep, the HTC Evo 4G can now be rooted using just one click.  That’s right, you can now root, unlock Nand, and even flash a Recovery Image with in just one tap! Are you as excited as we are?

With this,  the development of ROMs and themes should move along quite nicely for Sprint’s flagship 4G Android device.  If you want to experience the magical world of root on your Evo, jump over to XDA and try it for yourself.

What type of ROM/theme would you like to see on the Evo 4G? Perhaps a Froyo Sense ROM? Or maybe you want a stock Android theme? Let us know in the comments below. Can’t wait to hear from you!

Source: XDA-Developers

Justin Marden
Justin Marden 488 posts

I've been an Android fanboy since day one, but I've never had a chance to truly express my voice and be a part of the Android Community. When AndroidGuys starting accepting applications for interns, I saw my opportunity. I joined the AndroidGuys team and haven't looked back!

AT&T poised to carry modified Samsung Galaxy Note in early 2012?

The gigantic Samsung Galaxy Note may find itself arriving in the United States in early 2012 rocking support for AT&T’s LTE network.  The handset, which features a 5.3-inch Super AMOLED

HTC One successor due in late March – Bloomberg

The successor to the HTC One will arrive in late March, according to a source close to Bloomberg. Expected to feature a display of 5-inches or larger, the handset is

Verizon reported to debut VZ Edge upgrade program in August

Big Red could soon join T-Mobile with a new upgrade program for loyal (read: those buying phones outright) customers.

1. j-henk
    June 30, 02:22 Reply

please make it for nexus one……
    i hope it…………………….

2. @tooshel
    June 30, 04:44 Reply

I just want Froyo so I can get rid of 2.1 and Sense. All these different UI's is the real fragmentation on Android.

3. Dragonithe
    June 30, 11:37 Reply

I would really love it if they also make this for the desire.
    It's really aswome.

4. David
    June 30, 15:21 Reply

I followed this guide and now I cant connect to any 4g towers. It looks like i have some dev build because I can see extra stuff I didn't have access to before like wimax settings and stuff like that.

Any ideas?

• chris
      June 30, 16:49 Reply

flash a custom rom that 4g works with. find fresh 0.5.3 on the xda forums. works perfect!

5. jared
    July 15, 12:03 Reply

@David I had the same issue with 4th, also I can’t get aiki or fringe to do video chat, its like they have no clue I have a front facing camera! But to stay on topic, i want Froyo! Screw HTC sense!

6. Rikki
    August 24, 13:45 Reply

Please help me. I cannot get my Evo to Root. I want to and i’ve been trying unsucessfully for 3 weeks. If anyone can offer some assistance I’d be eternally grateful.

7. Clutch
    May 29, 21:46 Reply

For some reason it doesnt let me fully download the Microsoft .NET 4.0 framework.. it says i have a choice to repair it or uninstall but when i repair it and restart my comp it just says the same thing all over again,,,,help!