Root Your HTC Evo 4G the Easy Way With “Simple Root”

Thanks to the diligent and genius work of XDA users jiqqamanMast3rpyrO, webs05, toastcfh, Koush, and maejrep, the HTC Evo 4G can now be rooted using just one click.  That’s right, you can now root, unlock Nand, and even flash a Recovery Image with in just one tap! Are you as excited as we are?

With this,  the development of ROMs and themes should move along quite nicely for Sprint’s flagship 4G Android device.  If you want to experience the magical world of root on your Evo, jump over to XDA and try it for yourself.

What type of ROM/theme would you like to see on the Evo 4G? Perhaps a Froyo Sense ROM? Or maybe you want a stock Android theme? Let us know in the comments below. Can’t wait to hear from you!

Source: XDA-Developers

Justin Marden
Justin Marden 488 posts

I've been an Android fanboy since day one, but I've never had a chance to truly express my voice and be a part of the Android Community. When AndroidGuys starting accepting applications for interns, I saw my opportunity. I joined the AndroidGuys team and haven't looked back!

Lenovo annouces the Tab 2 A7-10 and A7-30 tablets

Lenovo has unveiled two new tablets, the Tab 2 A7-10 and A7-30, following the release of its P90, Vibe X2, and Vibe Band 10 smartwatch. Both devices have Android 4.4,

First Look at Android 2.1 Screen Shots

The first few images of Android 2.1 have made their way online and we’re more than pleased to share them.  These pictures allegedly come from an HTC Hero running the

ZTE to Launch two Ice Cream Sandwich powered phones at MWC

It seems that Chinese companies are planning to rock at MWC 2012. First Huawei announced that they are gearing up to launch new tablet and smartphone at MWC, and now

1. j-henk
    June 30, 02:22 Reply

please make it for nexus one……
    i hope it…………………….

2. @tooshel
    June 30, 04:44 Reply

I just want Froyo so I can get rid of 2.1 and Sense. All these different UI's is the real fragmentation on Android.

3. Dragonithe
    June 30, 11:37 Reply

I would really love it if they also make this for the desire.
    It's really aswome.

4. David
    June 30, 15:21 Reply

I followed this guide and now I cant connect to any 4g towers. It looks like i have some dev build because I can see extra stuff I didn't have access to before like wimax settings and stuff like that.

Any ideas?

• chris
      June 30, 16:49 Reply

flash a custom rom that 4g works with. find fresh 0.5.3 on the xda forums. works perfect!

5. jared
    July 15, 12:03 Reply

@David I had the same issue with 4th, also I can’t get aiki or fringe to do video chat, its like they have no clue I have a front facing camera! But to stay on topic, i want Froyo! Screw HTC sense!

6. Rikki
    August 24, 13:45 Reply

Please help me. I cannot get my Evo to Root. I want to and i’ve been trying unsucessfully for 3 weeks. If anyone can offer some assistance I’d be eternally grateful.

7. Clutch
    May 29, 21:46 Reply

For some reason it doesnt let me fully download the Microsoft .NET 4.0 framework.. it says i have a choice to repair it or uninstall but when i repair it and restart my comp it just says the same thing all over again,,,,help!