IBM Releases Beta Version of Lotus Notes Traveler, Targets Business Market

IBM recently announced a beta version of their Lotus Notes Traveler for Android handsets.  The app works much like their iPhone title and is designed to be a free collaboration tool with two-way synchronization of e-mail, calendar and contacts.

Users can also view all the above data on their device (running Android 2.0+, it’s aimed mostly at the Nexus One and Motorola Droid). IBM hopes to widen their spectrum of business device software with this move, as they already have Lotus Notes software for Symbian, Windows Mobile, the iPhone, and the iPad. This software should be a boon for businesspeople that travel frequently and can’t always get to a computer to use Lotus Notes, and another feature Android can boast for Enterprise applications.

Justin Marden
Justin Marden 488 posts

I've been an Android fanboy since day one, but I've never had a chance to truly express my voice and be a part of the Android Community. When AndroidGuys starting accepting applications for interns, I saw my opportunity. I joined the AndroidGuys team and haven't looked back!

Meet Pierre Cardin’s $450 7-Inch Froyo Tablet

Everyone say hello to Pierre Cardin’s new PC-7006 designer tablet.  She’s a real beauty, no?  At £275 ($450 US) one might expect this 7-inch tablet to feature a host of killer

Samsung Galaxy S6 seems to be water-resistant, but not water proof

Yesterday we saw the new Samsung Galaxy S6 receive a beating that it handled surprisingly well. Following that, we have another test that shows what the phone can handle when

LG Spectrum 2 details found on Best Buy ahead of announcement

We heard back in August about the LG Spectrum 2 for Verizon Wireless, and we also heard that it will be out sometime in early October. Though we still don’t

1. Craig
    July 01, 13:39 Reply

I have searched the interwebz high and low with no luck in finding the apk for install. Does anyone know where or how to get the install?

• Chuck Falzone
      July 01, 17:35 Reply

I added a couple links to more info on IBM's site in the post, Craig, tho I didn't see info on how to sign up. Must be a closed beta.

• Henning
      August 23, 05:48 Reply

Hi Craig,
      i don’t think you will need to espacially download an apk. Normally you install the Traveler on your Domino server and then use the mobile to open an internetpage this Traveler service is hosting. This will then setup your device.
      At least this ist the way it worked with my iPhone (i don’t have anymore).

2. Joerg Michael
    July 02, 05:28 Reply

You can sign up for the beta. A business partner of mine did that and was accepted surprisingly quickly. To try Traveler on Android you also need to be running a Domino 8.5.2 beta server, which will also be provided for download. And unfortunately, the Traveler release will not be included in the 8.5.2 release, it will come later.

• Johan
      July 08, 22:11 Reply

I also can't see where you can sign up for the beta. There is no registration link whatsoever.

3. Christophe
    July 09, 09:58 Reply

Hi,
    I'm interested in testing Notes 8.5.2 beta for Mac. Where could I get it?
    Christophe

4. trout
    July 20, 15:50 Reply

This is so frustrating. Will someone please explain how and where you sign up for the Beta!??

5. Morten
    August 19, 18:03 Reply

Anyone found out about beta signup yet? I need this!

6. EJPN
    October 15, 11:32 Reply

I have the APK for the lotus installer and also for lotus traveler (for the android phone) but you have to have access to the domino server to be able to install the LotusTraveler_8521_beta.exe

• Abhay Bhargava
      October 19, 03:12 Reply

Hi EJPN

I noted u mentioning that you have the apk for the lotus traveler – could you share this with me in the form of an emailed zip, or upload it someplace where I can download it from please?

We do have a 8.5.2 but are facing some issues uploading the android enabling beta on it, and I am keen to test it out with the android client with the existing config, which I blv from inputs voice by a few dutch people, can work as well.

Thanks

Abhay

• Rumy
      November 11, 15:22 Reply

Can you share your apk(s) for traveler.

• LSMT
      December 01, 01:47 Reply

Hi EJPN,
      How can I get hold of this APK “LotusTraveler_8521_beta.exe”
      My current domino and traveler server is 8.5.2.0
      I have some sales reps that is crying for their mail on their Android devices.

Thanx,
      lsmt.

7. Rodrigo
    November 09, 14:24 Reply

Guys

can anyone share this apk for android? i am from brazil and here its very difficult to find this apk.

thanks