March 3, 2015

Samsung Galaxy S Now More Amazing, Does Video Output Via 3.5mm Jack

Early Android handset adopters (cough, cough…G1 owners) were none too happy about HTC leaving out a 3.5mm headphone jack for listening to audio.  That was then and this is now and the 3.5mm headphone jack is the standard it should have always been.   It appears Samsung took the idea to the next level.  The international version of the Galaxy S has a menu option to enable video output directly to your TV through the 3.5 mm jack. Pretty cool, right?

While recently release phones have a similar capability, it seems the Galaxy S has the ability to dump everything from your screen to your TV.  This feature will essentially turn your TV into a live screencast of your Galaxy S, homescreen and all.  No word yet as to whether this feature will be included in the versions launching soon state-side, but when we find out we will let you know as soon as we can! Check out the video after the break for a very impressive demo!

Source: AndroidAndMe

Related Posts

• anna leiser

as you can see in the video, the user choose AV3 so i'd say it's either RCA video or S-video.

• buckarez

This is actually good news for me, since my older hdtv ready set doesn't have hdmi inputs. So even though it will be lower quality, it will allow me to use this feature via standard ports.

1. Rich

So then it's not actually out puttng in 720p as the person in the video is trying to say it is. I thought these phones came with DLNA or something that was supposed to allow HD video output?

2. anna leiser

forgot to add that in the settings you can also see that you can pick pal or ntsc output … says it all
    but this still makes a cool feature nonetheless.

3. TareX

Lovely!!!!!!!!!! But yeah I agree the video output is NOT HD… it's an expanded 800X480 resolution, even though the native file is 720p. Gotta wait for the Gingerbreads for HD output.

4. Chris

You don't need to wait for Gingerbread for HD output – DLNA output from the Galaxy S _is_ in HD if the file is (up to 720p as far as I can tell – can't get 1080p files to play). However the headphone jack output is just a composite signal, so it's PAL or NTSC only, whatever resolution they are.

5. Josh

Now if only I could find a cable that converts a 3.5mm connector into 3 RCA connectors (video, audio L and audio R). So far I've only been able to find a Y adapter that convert 3.5mm connector to 2 RCA connectors.

6. Rupz007

Yeah.. you can actually use the N95 video out cable on the Samsung Galaxy S and it works well!! :-)

7. Mattfitpro

Where can I get the 3.5mm jack to rca video cable?  I have a MyTouch 4G Slide which has the video out capability through the 3.5mm jack.

POST A COMMENT.