The Samsung Galaxy S blitz has barely gotten off the ground around the world and yet Russian website Itrans (translated) is saying they have the first pictures of its alleged successor. While we wait for our Vibrant, Fascinate, Epic 4G, and Captivate handsets to arrive, the rumor mill sees no reason in sitting back. According to Itrans, the i9200 Galaxy S 2 will arrive early 2011 with some high end hardware.
- 4.3-inch 2-Super AMOLED display with 1280×720 resolution
- Bluetooth 3.0 and Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- 2 GHz processor
- 32 GB of internal memory, a slot for MicroSD memory cards up to 32 GB
- 1 GB RAM, 4 GB ROM
- 8-megapixel camera with autofocus and HD video recording
- 3.5 mm audio jack
- A-GPS, Accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor
- Google Service (Android Market, Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail, Google Talk, YouTube)
Based on the specs and suggested release, it’s safe to assume this would be running Android 3.0/Gingerbread. It’s hard to imagine this phone coming down the pipeline as quickly as the rumor suggests, but crazier things have happened.