Samsung Galaxy S 2? Already?
The Samsung Galaxy S blitz has barely gotten off the ground around the world and yet Russian website Itrans (translated) is saying they have the first pictures of its alleged successor. While we wait for our Vibrant, Fascinate, Epic 4G, and Captivate handsets to arrive, the rumor mill sees no reason in sitting back. According to Itrans, the i9200 Galaxy S 2 will arrive early 2011 with some high end hardware.
- 4.3-inch 2-Super AMOLED display with 1280×720 resolution
- Bluetooth 3.0 and Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- 2 GHz processor
- 32 GB of internal memory, a slot for MicroSD memory cards up to 32 GB
- 1 GB RAM, 4 GB ROM
- 8-megapixel camera with autofocus and HD video recording
- 3.5 mm audio jack
- A-GPS, Accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor
- Google Service (Android Market, Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail, Google Talk, YouTube)
Based on the specs and suggested release, it’s safe to assume this would be running Android 3.0/Gingerbread. It’s hard to imagine this phone coming down the pipeline as quickly as the rumor suggests, but crazier things have happened.
You might also like
The Nexus S hasn’t been released yet, but besides the vague and instable custom ROMs, there is a legal way to try out Gingerbread. It’s called the SDK Emulator, originally designed for developers to test their apps with the newest platforms with different configurations.
Nielsen has posted the results of a recent study into smartphone usage, but instead of conducting surveys as per the norm they installed a piece of software on thousands of
Danish company Lumigon has announced that they’ll be launching their first Android handset this October. The handset, known as the T1, will be launching on October 20th, with pre-orders beginning