Android Market Will Hit 100,000 Apps This Month

Accumulated number of Application and Games in the Market

The graph speaks for itself. According to Android Market web interface AndroLib.com, the Android Market now offers users more than 90,000 apps, and is on pace to end the month in six figures. It will reach this milestone several months shy of its second birthday. A year ago, the number was under 10,000.

We’ll keep an eye on the numbers and let you know when we get there. And while, of course, not every app is great, as the pie gets bigger, so does the slice that represents quality software.

Image: AndroLib.com

AndroidGuys
AndroidGuys 4639 posts

Hitler Ready to Ditch His Cliq for Windows Mobile over 2.1 Update [HUMOR, VIDEO]

Apparently, it’s not just us common folk who are up in arms over the Motorola Cliq and its lack of a 2.1 update. It appears Hitler is also one of the few unfortunate souls waiting on an announcement or update. Things are getting so bad that he is considering switching to Windows Mobile or rooting.

It’s not too late to order a Kindle Fire for Christmas!

Order before 8PM PST on December 21st and you can have it before Christmas!

Sony C3602 gets the leak treatment

Yet another Sony smartphone has been leaked online, joining both the Odin and Yuga as something else for which to look forward.  Known only by its model number C3602, the

1. ziddiri
    July 10, 13:09 Reply

Yea Yea, most of them will be junk and spam like "sexy …etc etc..".

• Andrude
      July 10, 15:02 Reply

I disagree. I see lots of very slick apps coming out every day. Android Guys points some out almost every day.

• ziddiri
        July 10, 17:21 Reply

I hope so. But this is not enough, it is pity for a great o.s. like android.

• Thebewilderedprophet
      July 11, 03:19 Reply

Because the AppStore on iPhone os devices isn’t full of spam/rubbish/pointless apps, how many apps that make a fart noise does a device need exactly?

2. dragonithe
    July 10, 19:18 Reply

To everyone that says that there is alot of veal in the market, I agree.
    But, let's say that 99% crap. That would still mean that there are a,1.000 of high quality apps.
    And even whit apps2sd you don't put so many apps on your phone.

3. Jim
    July 10, 20:35 Reply

I would love for someone to create an app that will allow the sending and receiving of faxes. I understand there are technological and developmental complications but whomever figures this out will become rich overnight.

4. ari-free
    July 11, 03:44 Reply

It only takes a few killer apps to make a big difference. Once we finally get Flash (ugh come on already!) Android will get tons of games, developers and a much better web experience.
    100k is just an indicator of how effective Android is in attracting developers. They have the freedom but it is up to them to come up with something cool.

5. observer
    July 12, 02:38 Reply

I saw a few really good music theory training apps for kids for iPHone … there is nothing alike for Android :( it wouldn't make the most popular app, but it'll take attract a lot of teens in school to practice your notes, intervals etc..

6. kevin
    July 12, 04:43 Reply

Having come from a blackberry, trust me – 90,000 apps is most welcome.

7. tedted
    July 15, 10:24 Reply

wow amazing…… !!!!!!!! increase more man

8. oky
    July 17, 11:47 Reply

wowh… fantastic….
    android is the best…

9. Arief
    July 19, 04:00 Reply

Android like robot in Dragon balll.. :)

10. germain
    October 29, 19:07 Reply

Yeah most of the apps realy suck. I some times wish I would have waited for the iphone to come out for Verizon which is near january 2011 but I kind of like how my droid x looks better. I just don’t like some of the apps. Why does there need to be like 20 of the same concept apps? Like gun apps. Think their should only be about 1,2, or 3 of the same concept apps. And I also think the android market should only launch the vest apps. Not the junk ones that are just useless. I also think they should look better and look less plain
    One of the only apps that I like that is well ploted, and thaught out is angry birds. I also like it because of. Its controlls and just the way it looks. So if your some body who is making apps for the andoid marker, stop making junk!

11. oky
    December 27, 08:28 Reply

wowh… it’s amazing…. android is the best

12. liz
    January 25, 12:10 Reply

On the plus side, ANYONE can make and release an app for the android market. It’s not limited in the same way as others. Yes, this means there will be junk apps out there, but it also means there will be way more variety coming out; and as android continues to grow, there will be more and more amazing apps coming out. If you know what you are looking for (for example a to-do list app) and search for that, you don’t end up with all the junk apps showing up. And checking the reviews can give you a good idea if it’s worth downloading or not.

13. Dan
    April 22, 04:25 Reply

does to much apps on your phone freeze the phone or does the phone have problems.

14. Dan
    April 22, 04:25 Reply

15. Dewee58
    February 16, 02:28 Reply

Hallo why cant I download apps from the market.