Unrevoked Root Method for HTC Incredible

Looking for a pain-free way to root your HTC Incredible?  The folks responsible for unrEVOked have released unrEVOked 3 which now supports a one click rooting process for the HTC Incredible.  Its quick, easy ,and best of all, there are no commands to enter.  Like its predecessors, version 3 uses an exploit to unlock the NAND flash long enough to flash a custom recovery image which allows for root access.  Linux and Mac users will find a neat and tidy self -contained program, while Windows users are required to download the necessary drivers separately.  Overall its a small price to pay for root access.

Has anyone had any luck with the current version unrEVOked?  Sound off in the comments.

Source: unrEVOked via droid-life

AndroidGuys
AndroidGuys 4641 posts

Parlez-vous français? ¿Habla español? Sprechen Sie Deutsch? Now You Can with Babylon2Go!

Babylon has become a trusted source for a quick translation need for the masses.  Whether it’s our 10AM Spanish class or that spur-of-the-moment dinner in Venice, we find ourselves needing

Vlingo Continues to Evolve, Partners with foursquare

Vlingo continues to push their voice application forward, adding new features and enhancements all the time. Today finds the company partnering with foursquare to make check-ins even easier. Now, it’s

Sony C650X Odin gets snapped in wild

The 5-inch smartphone appears to have an edge-to-edge display.

1. Rick
    July 16, 22:55 Reply

Yep. Just did it, super fast. No muss, no fuss.

• Sean
      July 21, 15:09 Reply

I can't get make the revoked link work, and the 1st set of drivers is unregocnizeable by my computer!??
      I can get into hboot mode on the phone, but my computer also will not see my DI as a new device, even though I've unistalled HTC sync and the HTC drivers. HELP!

2. Steve
    July 16, 22:56 Reply

I just used it on my EVO (latest OTA update installed) and it worked great.

3. Sam
    July 17, 00:40 Reply

Worked great! Couldn't be easier.

4. Jake
    July 16, 20:46 Reply

I did it this morning and it was very easy. Since I only rooted and didn’t flash a custom ROM, should I still be expecting the OTA Incredible update with hotpot soon?

5. vu le
    July 17, 05:01 Reply

I have problem download and install some apk games and apps. force close or error after used unrevoked 3.
    please help with the error anyone.

6. Dextermorph
    July 17, 04:37 Reply

I just did it, when I did hboot at first I didn’t know I was supposed to have control panel>device manager open and adding drivers as it was going on….just a little harder than when I jail broke mah iPad

My only ? Is when I wanna flash a rom that rqres nand to be unlocked do I have to re run unrevoked3? Idk as of now I’ll look around if ya know or need help

Dextermorph at gmail

I want froyo on my evo, cyanogen 6 has both cams werking so hopefully it’s released sooner….peace dah frack out

7. Tyler C
    July 17, 17:32 Reply

Man, I wish the Inc had been an easier nut to crack. I ended up having to do 2 separate roots on my Inc. The first one went pretty well, the second time I had an extremely difficult time. I'm going to try this on my gf's Inc tonight, if it works as well as the reflash tool it should be a breeze.

8. bill m
    July 17, 18:19 Reply

ive been trying all day. Ive got the driver installed, and it shows up in device manager below my android device (desire) Ive tried running unrevoked 3 as admin and not, but it just says "waiting for device,Plug phone in now and enable usb debugging" which i have. USB mode is set to charge. any help appreciated

• Pantera
      August 12, 18:34 Reply

My understanding is that you have to have it in USB Drive mode.

9. jason f
    July 17, 20:02 Reply

OK, did this on my HTC Incredible how do I get WIFI tethering to work?

10. wij
    July 19, 05:43 Reply

it looks so complex method..

11. Jason
    July 20, 15:37 Reply

I run Windows 7 64bit the hboot drivers didnt work so I used an XP 32bit vmware image. Worked fine.

• Bob B
      November 15, 16:44 Reply

Jason, how did you do this? Where did you pickup the vmware image? I am having the same problem.

12. ian
    July 22, 02:05 Reply

Downloaded evoked3 to htc evo. "there is no program to open this kind of file"

• Keith
      August 08, 16:42 Reply

Um you need to DL unrevoked3 to the computer not ur android device…

13. ian
    July 22, 02:06 Reply

downloaded unevoked3 o htc evo. "there is no program to open this kind of file"

14. Dean
    July 29, 18:50 Reply

did this on my HTC Incredible, I am pretty sure I have SU access, installed wireless tether by Harald Muller,
    turn it on & my laptop can detech the SSID and connect, but webpage will not open due to no connection! whats the problem, how do I get WIFI tethering to work?

• Aakash
      August 11, 11:59 Reply

Even with SU access from unrEVOked, you need to run your tether using the appropriate kernel to get full WiFi access. Without the ap-inc kernel, you will only be able to run ad-hoc connections, which could be why your wireless tether isn’t working properly.

Since you’ve already have SU, check out this video

Download and extrac the zip file from the notes. Paste the “ap-inc” (3rd folder) to the root of your SD card and follow his instructions (in the last 4 minutes of the video).

Good luck!

15. Nick B
    September 20, 05:52 Reply

Yeah, I used it for my Desire. Tried from my windows machine, got annoyed, so used my Ubuntu Linux netbook. Worked in 2 mins.

16. Steve S
    September 28, 02:03 Reply

Just did my HTC Incredible. Once I got the USB driver loaded it was painless. 2 min. Done.

• Rtkepper
      May 31, 17:24 Reply

what did you do? i got the drivers finally but no success with the rooting still! gets all the way to the end and says interrupted!

17. Sean
    November 01, 21:47 Reply

Tried on my Desire via Win7 Pro x64 and would not work. Just says “Waiting for device.” I will try on an XP machine and see if that works.

18. Rtkepper
    May 31, 17:22 Reply

no luck! every time i run it (that is after I finally found the drivers) it gets to the very end and says it has been interrupted please try again! VERY ANNOYING!
    NEVER had an issue before!!!

19. Anonymous
    June 21, 01:51 Reply

i have the WORST luck with my phone and programs. I have been trying for 45 min to just download the damn usb installation on my computer and it is nowhere to be found everytime i go to browse for it. I tried extracting it and suddenly it wont appear on the device manager, then my phone didnt turn on for 20 min no matter what i did and as of right now it just turned off again after i finally got it back on. Pls all I want is to be able to take screenshots for my job anD I am having the worst luck, about to throw the phone and computer. someone pls help me figure this damn mess out. Cant find the usb file to download, where should I put it? thanks.

20. beastmaster
    July 31, 11:31 Reply

I loaded drivers on computer and I am still getting security on phone downloaded the unrevoked 3 version comes up with error missing cid

21. beastmaster
    August 02, 14:29 Reply

no joy here….states failed to root firmware to new………………..

22. Gpayne360
    August 09, 17:45 Reply

it worked on my incredible now just trying to figure out how to start messing around with custom roms with out bricking my phone

23. Gregory Massery
    September 19, 17:22 Reply

I DID IT ON MY HTC INCREDIBLE AND IT WORKED!!!!!  IT TOOK ME ABOUT 5 HOURS BUT I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!

24. Audio_buck
    January 01, 20:30 Reply

says it works for the aria, but at the end is says my firmware is too new

25. Thomassallai
    January 18, 00:58 Reply

i cant seem to be able to get the download to work it says i t cant root is your firmware tonew?