Dell Streak Launching in Late July

Dell has updated their official Dell Streak product page, and we now know that their 5 inch monster will be available later this month. Considering there’s only 10 days left in this month, that could be as soon as next week. This goes hand-in-hand with our report that the Streak would be launching on AT&T soon. It was thought to be launching this week, but I guess a few more days won’t kill us.

For those who don’t know, the Streak runs Android, has a gorgeous 5-inch WVGA display, a 5MP auto-focus camera, and also a VGA front-facing camera. It is one sexy phone/tablet. Can’t wait for this folks.

Anyone gonna pick one up?

Source: Boy Genius Report

Image Source: Engadget

Justin Marden
Justin Marden 488 posts

I've been an Android fanboy since day one, but I've never had a chance to truly express my voice and be a part of the Android Community. When AndroidGuys starting accepting applications for interns, I saw my opportunity. I joined the AndroidGuys team and haven't looked back!

Lenovo LePhone K860 leaked with Samsung Exynos quad-core processor

Lenovo has impressed us a lot of times in past by launching devices like the IdeaPad and the beautiful LePhone. Now it seems they are getting ready to shock us

Huawei TalkBand B1 comes to the U.S.

You probably have heard about Huawei TalkBand B1 that was announced in MWC 2014. Yeah, it’s a great piece of hardware and innovation. Who could have thought you can wear

App Reviews

24 insanely great Twitter apps for Android

Hey there! ¬†Are you a new Android user looking to pick up a Twitter application for your phone or tablet? Maybe you’re a seasoned Android veteran who is ready to

1. Tyler
    July 22, 02:11 Reply

Good lord, 5"? Are people really gonna use that as a phone?

2. Phil
    July 22, 03:09 Reply

Give us a T-Mobile GSM version.

3. Gibeon
    July 22, 04:44 Reply

I really, really wanted this phone… 6 months ago. Unfortunately for AT&T and Dell, I just couldn't wait any longer, so I went for the Droid X, and I'm loving it.

I think Dell (or maybe AT&T) did a great disservice to the Streak, because they NEVER gave a US release date. Even now, with the end of July less than a week and half away, they still won't give an actual date. Why not? What are they doing? Why does it have Android 1.6, FTLOG? Why are we here? What's life all about? Are we really real? Or is there some doubt?

• Gibeon
      July 22, 04:47 Reply

That's right, I'm replying to myself.

Whatever happened to the other dell phone? The Aero? AT&T's had a "coming soon" page for months now.

4. Aura Mae
    July 22, 01:40 Reply

Upgrading from my Nexus One the minute they let me order.

5. Mike Wong
    July 22, 06:12 Reply

I just ordered the Samsung Captivate. Totally lost interest in the Streak. Decided not to purchase the first generation Streak. Will wait for the second or third generation streak. Hopefully there is a second or third generation streak.

6. macs
    July 23, 09:46 Reply

I am in the UK and have a had a Streak for a few weeks at least now. The big downer most people will have is its only Android 1.6. This is not as bad as it seams as the dell home screen pretty much hides all that. Though you have no multitouch. The big difference I find with this and any other device is its designed to be used primarily in landscape mode with portrait second. All other devices are the other way around and a lot of apps start in portrait mode and do not rotate correctly if you start them in landscape. Web browsing is fantastic my primary use, though the web address bar does not autohide using up some of that screen real estate,. Watching movies is also great, with a 16:9 screen. Gorilla glass means no bumper making it thinner than an iPhone 4 with the required bumper. I love my streak, can't wait for the Android 2.2 update and can never go back to the tiny 4.3 inch and under screens. :(