Sideload Wonder Machine lets AT&T Users Sideload Apps

Image Source: Android Central

If you are the proud owner of the Aria from AT&T, you already know that your phone has been crippled in the fact that you cannot load applications that do not come from the Market.  The pic to the left shows that the option is not even there for you to select, AT&T had it taken out completely.  A frustrating development to say the least for owners of this handset.  The good news is that there is now a solution for you to be able to work around this issue.

The guys over at Android Central have developed a little program for Windows called the “Sideload Wonder Machine“, an app that will allow you install any .apk file you want to your handset without having to root your phone.

The app is available for download now, let us know how it works for you in the comments.

AndroidGuys
AndroidGuys 4629 posts

Google Camera app update adds remote Android Wear shutter

As a new Google Camera app update rolls out to the Google Play Store, users will begin to notice an awesome feature in the update. You’re now able to remotely

Lenovo LePhone K860 leaked with Samsung Exynos quad-core processor

Lenovo has impressed us a lot of times in past by launching devices like the IdeaPad and the beautiful LePhone. Now it seems they are getting ready to shock us

Telstra Launching HTC Velocity, Australia’s first 4G LTE Smartphone

Almost 2 months ago, AT&T officially launched the HTC Vivid 4G LTE smart phone which was previously known as the HTC Holiday. It’s an awesome device featuring a crisp display

1. Brandon
    July 22, 04:17 Reply

it works great, now if I could just find a good weather widget .apk.

2. Dre
    July 24, 19:28 Reply

Its great, now the captivate is complete

3. Steve
    August 03, 03:20 Reply

I can't seem to get this to work for me.
    HTC Aria – Windows 7 64bit machine.
    USB Debugging is turned on.
    Set to Charge only, also tried with removable drive option
    I dont see the serial number listed when I run the app.
    I'm assuming the USB drivers are installed as the removable drive shows up.

Any thoughts?

• Shaz
      August 09, 14:48 Reply

I’m having the exact same problem. Help would be appreciated

• shawn
      September 10, 18:30 Reply

did you ever get your aria to be able to load the programs or detected with the sideloader program?

4. Androidmike
    August 12, 08:02 Reply

Steve – the drivers that allow it to show up as a removable drive, and the drivers that allow it to be controlled via ADB are two different drivers. If you’ve got an aria you’re going to want to download the HTC aria sync package from the HTC support page and use the included USB driver.

5. shawn
    September 10, 18:30 Reply

got the aria and have the sync program installed and i am unable to make this sideload program to work. first off after i pick the file i want i click go and i get a dos error message saying that loader.bat isn’t an internal or external batch file or something along that line and i try bypassing it via just clickin the batch program and as soon as it detects my aria and i click the next it disconnects my phone and it just keeps waiting for my device…. any advice or feedback is appreciated.

• Rena
      October 12, 18:35 Reply

Did anyone ever get the sideloader app working for you? if so how?

6. Rena
    October 12, 18:34 Reply

I am having the same trouble as shawn. Can anyone shed some light?? I have the Samsung captivate. i have tried several times.

• yforgetaboutit
      November 24, 23:18 Reply

I have a stock Samsung Captivate (2.1) and Vista 64-bit.

I installed the Samsung USB 64-bit driver.

I then enabled USB debugging and ran SWM.

A sample HelloAndroid app quickly installed exactly as documented above and ran as expected on the phone.

7. Daniel
    November 07, 01:51 Reply

yo ocupe esta aplicacion y funcion bien tengo un samsung galaxy- s captivate instale la version beta de mozilla y funciona bien pero ahora cuando quiero sincronizar mis contactos o mi calendario con el kies de samsung no puedo alguien sabe porque

8. droidnewbie
    November 11, 15:21 Reply

I am also running Win 7 and have no problems with this, BUT you have to install HTC Sync first. (You can uninstall the Sync portion later if you want to, but the HTC driver package for Win7 gets installed when you install HTC Sync and that’s what “communicates” with Sideload Wonder.

9. HELP
    November 30, 00:22 Reply

how do you download this app

10. CJ 77
    February 18, 11:20 Reply

Where do i get tha application of theside load wonder machine?