March 27, 2015

Verizon and Motorola Both Acknowledge Droid X Screen Issues

Verizon and Motorola have issued a statements regarding the Droid X‘s screen problems. Some users noticed flickering and vertical banding on their 4.3-inch screens. One unhappy camper even posted a video of it on Youtube. According to Verizon, not all Droid X’s have this issue. It appears to only affect around 1% of them. The Htc Evo 4G also had issues with its 4.3-inch screen. Could this be something to watch out for?  Possibly.

Also, Motorola is claiming that they’ve fixed the issue and are still shipping the phones. Any Droid X owner that encounters this screen bug is encouraged to contact Motorola customer support or Verizon. Any Droid X owner that walks into a Verizon store with the problem will get a replacement phone. Their official statement is below.

“Verizon Wireless and Motorola are aware of a very small number of Droid X units that have experienced a flickering or banding display. Motorola has resolved the issue and is continuing to ship the phones. Any consumer who experiences a flickering or banding display should contact Motorola customer support center or Verizon Wireless.”

My hat is off to Moto and Big Red. They messed up with the screen a bit, but at least they’re handling it the correct way. They quickly fixed the problem and are offering a replacement to anyone that’s having issues. Bravo.

Source:  CNET

Related Posts

1. Lowlight

Now if only there was an Official Backup program. Having just replaced my Droid due to a camera stuck in Macro focus, I find it unacceptable that there is nothing built into the OS that has root privs to backup your data and sync it back when you swap in a new phone. Sure some data is backed up to Google/Gmail and you can back up some programs using Astro but if the program does not save its configurations and data on the SD card, when you restore them with Astro, it's as if you just installed them from the Market. Sure I could have rooted my phone to make a backup and restore it to my new one, thus killing my warranty but that's not acceptable for the 99% of customers that will have problems. There should be a backup app (Backup Pro doesn't count since Apps need to allow it to back them up) that I can schedule backups with. That way if I bust my phone suddenly I can recover to a new handset.

Rant aside … I love my Droid and so far it is the All in one device I've been waiting for and am happy to put my LG enV2 and Palm Tungsten T5 in a junk drawer. Sure the smart phones still need a little evolutionary polish but I'm 98% happy.

2. business financing loan

The phones are giving problem,its not at all good sign for company, flickering and vertical banding on screens is a one of serious problems to think upon…..Well it is better for Motorola to get out of these issues soon.

3. Mykalai Kontilai

Although Motorola and Verizon might have reacted quickly to earn praises, I don’t think their situation was the same with Apple’s antenna-gate.

iPhone 4 was more of a design issue, but still delivered a product as intended with high quality. Droid’s problem, from what I can understand reading this report, is a complete manufacturing defect. This is not even something that requires special reaction or the media giving praises comparing with Apple’s antenna-gate. Apple could say “it’s a design; don’t like it, don’t buy it”, but in this Droid case, that cannot be said!

4. Mykalai Kontilai

Lol and the day it’s released, there will be several improved versions available, pre-rooted, loaded with goodies we want, and striped of bloatware we don’t. Soon after, there will likely be superior AOSP builds available. So I mean…..

5. Paige Brands

Well the Verizon and Motorola have come out with an official statement to address screen issues early adopters of the Motorola DROID X are experience,specifically, banding or flickering.

6. William Dircks

That’s great I love my Droid and so far it is the All in one device I’ve been waiting for and am happy to put my LG enV2 and Palm Tungsten T5 in a junk drawer. Sure the smart phones..Thanks for sharing these useful information!

7. Peoria Toyota

8. Frank Dirico

This is a discussion on Droid X Screen Issues acknowledged… within the Droid X Tech Issues forums, part of the Droid X Forum category; Verizon Acknowledges Screen Issues Affecting “Small Number” Of Droid X Devices Note the sick double-burn directed at Apple.Thanks for sharing with us…

9. sell cell phones for cash