TouchWiz Launcher Ported to Un-Rooted Nexus One Handsets

If you haven’t seen or found it by now, it is time you know about it. Apparently a hacker over at XDA-Developers has ported the Galaxy S TouchWiz UI to the Nexus One in launcher format. That’s right, you can now install the TouchWiz UI on your N1 using a simple APK file! Having just tried it, I can tell you that it works very well, but users should be warned it is VERY slow.  You will especially notice the speed difference if you are or have been using using ADW Launcher of Launcher Pro.  Hit the source link to download and install! As always, let us know what you think!

Source: XDA-Developers

AndroidGuys
AndroidGuys 4641 posts

AT&T rolling out Lollipop to Galaxy S5 today

Twitter account ATTCares has confirmed that Android 5.0.1 will be rolling out to Galaxy S5 owners starting today. Nationwide rollout will occur over the next few days, so don’t be too

New Verizon Droid Commercial Features Lookout Security App

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3dJA43Akjc[/youtube] Mobile security has been one of the hot topics at CTIA this year, according to the people we have talked with attending the event.  This makes sense as more

U.S. Cellular to Launch the HTC Desire in July

Praise the Android Gods, we now have a date for when the HTC Desire will launch on U.S. Cellular!   According to the U.S. Cellular Facebook page, the HTC Desire

1. Fat Scooter
    July 24, 15:42 Reply

Soiling the good name of the late Nexus One!!! WHY!!!???

2. B-Rose
    July 24, 15:50 Reply

Hmm, seeing how all of the reviews I've read of the Galaxy S series said that the only BAD thing about this phone was the TouchWiz UI, I can't see myself going anywhere near this.

3. Rich
    July 24, 15:55 Reply

Tried it, it's pretty awful. Slow, and makes the app menu bit look like iPhone – so boring! Have uninstalled and def won't be using this again!

Previous iPhone users will prob like this on the actual Galaxy S, but Android users will hate it

4. jason
    July 24, 17:17 Reply

Having owned a nexus one and now a vibrant, I think it's a great interface when it runs smooth… Screens of apps are much better than the Rolodex, IMO; and there are a lot of other nice touches aside from the launcher. It's too bad they kept the touchwiz name for it considering the travesties that preceded version 3.

• @mauricegriffin
      July 26, 04:11 Reply

I'm thinking of making the same change (im hesitant to call it an upgrade) from the nexus to the vibrant. How is it? I feel like I would miss the trackball and the flash a little (although i mostly only use them in ways they werent intended such as trackball wake and a LED flashlight) is it worth it?

5. theweakend
    July 24, 21:08 Reply

ummmm why would you want to ever do this to a nexus one it just doesn't make sense to me. (no pun intended)

6. srdork79
    July 24, 23:11 Reply

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I am pretty sure that the phone in the picture is in fact, a rooted phone. It's running both Superuser and CyanogenMod. If you are going to post an article claiming that it's on an unrooted phone, then why would you post a picture of a rooted phone? I'm sorry, but that discredits this site, and the author in my opinion.

• JayEL
      July 24, 21:04 Reply

Srdork you are wrong. If you read the forum posting others claimed it works without root,
      And its also worked on a non rooted Droid.

In all, touchwiz is ugly.. don’t know why would anyone want
      it, especially on a nexus, but again that’s my opinion.

7. ikon
    July 25, 19:02 Reply

This is buggy on my nexus one with androind 2.2. Add a folder to the home screen and try to view it. The folder is is all stretched and yoy can’t click on anything.. can’t seem to get rid of it unless I restart the launcher. Oops.

Not worth it and its ugly.

8. ObsceneJesster
    July 26, 03:11 Reply

I guess this UI is just to much for the out-dated Snapdragon.

Mr.Hummingbird man-handles it though!