CyanogenMod6 RC2 is out!

Cyanogen has released CM6 RC2 for the Dream (G1) and Sapphire (MyTouch 3G). This is the second experimental version of the ever-popular CM6 ROM. In case you’ve been living under a rock for the past few months, CM6 is a Froyo ROM built by Cyanogen and Team Douche for your enjoyment. Thanks to Cyanogen, the G1 has long outlived its expiration date.

So what are you waiting for? Head on over to the CyanogenMod Dream development page and download CM6 RC2 for yourself! And thanks to Cyanogen and Team Douche for all their hard work and dedication.

Justin Marden
Justin Marden 488 posts

I've been an Android fanboy since day one, but I've never had a chance to truly express my voice and be a part of the Android Community. When AndroidGuys starting accepting applications for interns, I saw my opportunity. I joined the AndroidGuys team and haven't looked back!

Android announced four years ago today

Today is the 4 year anniversary of the announcement of Android, the Open Handset Alliance, and AndroidGuys.

AT&T announces 4G LTE-enabled Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 for November 20

AT&T has announced its second 4G LTE-ready Android tablet today, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9.  Due on November 20th for $479.99 with a two-year commitment, the ultra-thin tablet joins the HTC

Sony “actively investigating” Android 4.1 for all devices

Sony is still working on bringing Jelly Bean to Xperia models back through 2011.

1. Ethan
    July 27, 00:45 Reply

Have YOU guys been living under a rock? This came out yesterday.

2. @argylesocks
    July 27, 14:12 Reply

Is there a changelog anywhere? XDA says to go to github, but nothing is listed for RC1 or RC2. Anything?

3. Mykalai Kontilai
    October 15, 08:11 Reply

Yay! Cant wait to see a nice Vibrant build on the market. Will be picking it up in a few weeks myself.

4. Clocks All Around
    November 08, 02:36 Reply

Installed and restored apps via the market fine. The new power control icon to disable 3g is a really cool idea. Still getting everything set up.

5. Condo Target
    December 03, 06:47 Reply

This is fantastic! I flashed defconoi’s CM6 nightly build 2 hours ago but I have to wipe and try out the official sauce Im Seeing The Same Thing On My Moto droid…Running CyanogenMod 6.0.0-RC1 With Android 2.2 Adobe Flash 10.1 And Skyfire.

6. George Eanes
    December 09, 03:12 Reply

That’s really nice to knowing about this yanogenMod6 RC2 is out! This is fantastic! thanks for sharing with us…

7. Avalanche parts
    February 17, 23:29 Reply

This is the second experimental version of the ever-popular CM6 ROM. Thanks for this such nice post!!!!!