Motorola i1 – First Android Phone with Push-to-Talk Available via Sprint Online
Sprint has released the first Touchscreen Android phone with integrated push-to-talk. The Motorola i1 is now available online through Sprint’s website. The headline feature is the integrated push-to-talk, a first for touchscreen Android phones. Using Nextel’s Direct Connect and Group Connect is as simple as pressing a button. In addition to Direct Connect service the phone also features SWYPE virtual keyboard technology for quicker text input, a MicroSDHC memory card slot for up to 32Gb of storage and it is designed to meet Military Specification 810F, What does that mean? Its a rugged phone meant to punished and keep on ticking.
- Android 1.5
- 3.1″ HVGA (320×480) Touchscreen
- Android Market Access
- 5 Mega-pixel Camera
- MicroSDHC Slot supports up to 32Gb storage card
- Swype virtual keyboard technology allows you to input text faster and easier with one, continuous motion.
- Certified to Military Standard 810F for dust, shock, vibration, temperature extremes, blowing rain, humidity, solar radiation, and salt fog.
- Direct Connect, Group Connect, International Direct Connect services
- Stereo Bluetooth® technology v2.0 + EDR (profiles supported: HFP, HSP, A2DP, AVRCP)
- Opera mini browser (enhanced browsing experience) / Full HTML browser, Android Webkit w/Adobe Flash Lite®
- aGPS (assisted), AGPS (autonomous), eCompass
Available today from Sprint for $149 with a new 2yr contract after discounts and savings. Regular Price $349
You might also like
The following interview was conducted by “Royalness”, an occasional AndroidGuys guest writer.Â We’d like to thank both him as well as Mark Cummins and James Philbin.Â Further, we also want
If you are down for some old fashioned 8-bit looking gaming on your Android device, Sky Force may be the app to look at. Billed as a 2d/3d scroller from
According to Google, we should expect to see mobile editing support within the next few weeks. This news is long overdue and bound to make a ton of you happy.