Rumored myTouch 3G HD Breaks Cover

Android Central has been passed what is said to be the first picture of the upcoming myTouch 3G HD from T-Mobile.  Looking more than a tad legit, this is the first we’ve heard of said device.  Looking closely at the picture, we can see the Genius Button which made its debut on the myTouch 3G Slide a few months back.  Add to that an eerily similar form factor and we’re on board with this as the new, big brother in the myTouch lineup. We’d like to think that having HD in the name implies a 3.7-inch screen (or larger) with 720p video recording and/or playback.  Check out the top off the phone (image after break), near the earpiece.  Looks an awful lot like a front facing camera, no?

Here’s where things get fun.  Remember the phone that T-Mobile started teasing us with yesterday?  You know, the first HSPA+ phone from the carrier.  It was found that the source code from the mini-site had references to “Vanguard” all over it.  Today, there’s not a trace.  Instead you’ll find the term HSPA littered about.  T-Mobile probably realized the codename was pretty much out in the public and had to jump into action.  Fair enough.

We know that the phone listed on the HSPA+ site is only a render, but it does resemble the myTouch 3G HD.  So let’s assume these two are one in the same.  Where does that leave us?  Our hunch tells us that the HTC Vision/G1 Blaze is possibly the Project Emerald device slated for later in the year.

Scott Webster
Scott Webster 6577 posts

Samsung Galaxy S III officially on sale in more than two dozen countries

The Pebble Blue model may be 2-3 weeks away, however the Marble White model is officially available in various countries around the world.

Sprint Debuts Music Plus Service with DRM-Free Music and Ringtones

Sprint tossed their hat into the music delivery service ring today with the announcement of their new Sprint Music Plus.  Powered by RealNetworks, the official music store and player from Sprint provides

HTC Wildfire Available Through Vodafone

It seems like we are getting an HTC announcement once a week lately!  PRlog.com is reporting that the HTC Wildfire will be available on Vodafone and 3 other carriers with

1. @raww_talent
    July 28, 13:33 Reply

If this is the device i signed up for news about; i am prepared to be disappointed. Ill be going with a Vibrant then.

2. Andrew Champ
    July 28, 13:33 Reply

I wish we would have more notice from the phone companies about upcoming products than be surprised. I just got the myTouch 3G Slide and I would've waited to get the myTouch 3G HD if I'd known. That Sucks. I paid almost full price for the phone since I wasn't out of my contract and didn't want my 'legacy' G1 anymore. So I definately won't be buying this one since my recent one cost me $350!

• Perry
      July 28, 16:01 Reply

If you just bought it you can return it.

• denduran87
          August 03, 03:25 Reply

i had 2 g1's on two lines. still had 4+ months too go and i threatened them with a cancellation of service for 200$ then resigning up and getting the promotion deal for the buy one smart phone and get another free which still would have saved me 400-500$, the salesperson said we will just give you the deal and im loving my new mt3gs.

3. @deinfinityx
    July 28, 13:35 Reply

With my 2 cents thrown into the mix, the looks like a slider and only because there is that slight offset between the screen and the base. All in all it looks a lot like the Mytouch Slide with a longer screen, probably 3.7" like the Vangaurd was rumored to have

4. jdog
    July 28, 13:45 Reply

Stock Android or I'm keeping my Nexus One. Gingerbread comes out before it gets cold and Emerald is coming out at that time so I know there is no way any phone with a skin can have Gingerbread on day 1. Also since T-mobile does always have the phones that Google uses for development G1, Google Ion(Mytouch) and Nexus One, I still think the Emerald is going to come with stock Android 3.0 on T-mobile first. Further more we all know that the new Mytouch Slide has a skin and we also saw that the Vanguard had a black status bar so those could have stock Android 3.0 unless 3.0 has a black status bar hmmmm.

• jdog
      July 28, 13:47 Reply

oops meant to say "couldn't have stock Android"

• droidin
        July 28, 14:38 Reply

I love my Nexus. Froyo anyone? I think we'll be getting G before other boys got F

• tittiebaby
          July 28, 14:53 Reply

I agree, but i have a data only line I'm waiting to use :-)

• Perry
        July 28, 16:02 Reply

Its got the genius button, which means we get t-mobile's ugly expresso ui.

5. defiantbeast
    July 28, 15:07 Reply

Doesn't look terribly different from the nexus. Could be a real nice phone especially if it has the front facing camera. Funny i was in a tmobile store yesterday and the manager was telling me that tmobile was going to release the blaze featuring a keyboard as well as a keyboardless version i dissmised it because i know that store employees are usually the last to know but now im not so sure

6. Billl
    July 28, 15:59 Reply

Give me a keyboardless version that's not Samsung and I'm all set!

• DRew
      July 29, 08:39 Reply

@Bill Totally hear ya there! No Keyboard, 4 inch screen, stock android 3.0, at least a gig processor and NO SCAMSUNG!

7. Richard
    July 28, 21:03 Reply

Unless this Mytouch 3G has a flash camera, I'll probably get this instead of the Samsung Vibrant, just bcuz of the front face camera.

8. Joe
    July 29, 00:54 Reply

who gives a crap about a frontfacing cam, what are we in highschool?

• B
      July 29, 03:00 Reply

What the hell does that even mean?

• DeafHOH Customer
      July 29, 20:15 Reply

You forget that a front facing camera is a huge boon to the dead/hoh community and is widely embraced by us. :)

9. James
    July 29, 03:15 Reply

If this is real Im buying this. I hope it has elements of the vibrant and nexus one and more customization. Mostly because of the front facing camera. My Behold is breaking down.

10. @madhatter7zero
    July 29, 07:39 Reply

How many freaking versions of the MyTouch is T-Mobile going to come up with? It's all starting to make me a little sick.

11. Alex