Comcast Launching Android DVR/Home Phone Application

Comcast has announced that they will soon be bringing their DVR app (now available on iOS) to Android. The  app will be extremely full featured and offer you full control over your DVR (being able to set up recordings, look at your list of recorded content, and manage season passes on the go).  In addition to this,  you will also be able to hook your mobile phone up to their direct phone service. Awesome!

With having the ability to hook in directly to their phone service, users will be able to have have calls routed from your home phone to your cell phone, so you won’t miss a beat. According to the Comcast site, “Comcast’s solution will make it a quick and painless process for anyone subscribed to their service. It’ll also take advantage of Android’s notification features to send you push notifications whenever someone leaves a voicemail on your home phone.” As someone who has Comcast, I have to say I am very excited.

Overall, it’s nice to see Comcast embracing Android. Anyone else out there looking forward to this?

Source: Comcast

AndroidGuys
AndroidGuys 4629 posts

Verizon taps Purple Droid Razr with January 23 launch

You probably heard last week that Verizon announced a purple variation of their popular Droid Razr handset during CES.  What you didn’t get, however, was a price point or launch

Samsung Galaxy S III officially on sale in more than two dozen countries

The Pebble Blue model may be 2-3 weeks away, however the Marble White model is officially available in various countries around the world.

Sony hints at new Xperia Z4 tablet to be launched at MWC 2015

Mobile World Congress is lining up to certainly be an exciting event for tech lovers, and the latest company looking to announce their new products is Sony. Expected to appear

1. Jon
    August 02, 04:53 Reply

Great news! This is one of my most-wanted apps. Finally!

2. Toro
    August 02, 13:45 Reply

This is awesome been waiting for something like this.

3. Almahix
    August 02, 20:13 Reply

This is exactly what TiVo needs to do to help remain relevant in the cable co dvr age.

• Almahix
      August 02, 20:16 Reply

BTW Isn't that image suspicious? In landscape the buttons are on the right.

• Mark
        August 09, 21:22 Reply

With the update to Froyo landscape mode can be activated by tilting the phone in either direction.

4. tomsailor
    October 04, 11:03 Reply

I am most interested in an Android DVR app that works with Logitech Revue / Google TV.
    It should be possible to plug in a USB drive or Blu-Ray recorder/player to the Revue and use this combo as a *great* DVR for both internet (via Ethernet/Wireless in) and HDTV(via HDMI in) – for either satellite or cable tuner with HDMI out.
    Comments anyone?

5. someone
    November 16, 16:26 Reply

Per my internal sources. Comcast will release the Android Application on November 19th. Hopefully this is helpful Gents and Ladies.

• anon
      December 06, 18:22 Reply

Check the market tomorrow… should be there tomorrow.

6. Bryon
    February 03, 16:57 Reply

Well folks, that release has been delayed apparently because it’s already February 2011 and they JUST released “TV Everywhere”. Google Review is already here exclusively with internet and TV integration at DISH Network, but even better than Comcast’s “TV Everywhere” is the Sling adapter from DISH. I work there and have had the adapter since it came out and I have been watching my TV live when I have to go to another of our call centers for a business trip. I use it in the airport or anywhere I have internet access. Although I don’t have an android phone, I have an iPhone. Did you know that DISH can push live TV to your Android enabled device? Yep, and it’s been around months longer than Comcast ( Comcast “TV Everywhere so far for a day).