Motorola Sage To Be AT&T’s Next Android Handset?

The FCC never lets us down, does it? A new device filing has popped up suggesting another AT&T-clad Android. Codenamed “Sage”, this Motorola-made device packs 7.2Mbps HSDPA and HSUPA on 850 and 1900MHz bands, along with quadband EDGE, and the usual WiFi, Bluetooth, AGPS, and digital compass found on most Android phones nowadays. No word on pricing or what it’ll look like, but we’ll keep you posted.

So, it looks like AT&T is going to have another phone to restrict to their heart’s desire. What do you think? Would you buy an AT&T Android phone if they weren’t locked down? What are your thoughts of AT&T? Let us know in the comments!

Source: Engadget

Justin Marden
Justin Marden 488 posts

I've been an Android fanboy since day one, but I've never had a chance to truly express my voice and be a part of the Android Community. When AndroidGuys starting accepting applications for interns, I saw my opportunity. I joined the AndroidGuys team and haven't looked back!

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 portfolio now available across U.S.

Just a friendly reminder to let everyone know that the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0, Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 and Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 are now in stores. If you’re in the

Sprint Won’t Offer new Moto X (2014)

Do you have Sprint? Do you like the brand new Moto X, with new custom backs, a larger screen, updated Moto Voice, Moto Display, and a bunch of other cool

34 Weeks of OHA: #4

Open Handset Alliance Member Profiles (Week #4 – Broadcom ) For 34 weeks, each Tuesday, Jordan from fandroid.net will be joining us to offer a profile of each of the

1. @imhavoc
    August 01, 14:13 Reply

The phone locking is a symptom of a larger problem within AT&T. I distrust AT&T. I don't know what the underlying problem is.

• Justin Marden
      August 03, 00:43 Reply

agreed. the Captivate could be awesome, but AT&T restricted it. :(

• zzz
        August 04, 19:44 Reply

Sure, AT&T are being dicks about their phones, but the fact that they are shipped locked down doesn't change the fact that it is a great piece of hardware and a great tool.

Is there anything you would like to do, but still can't after rooting it?

2. Additionally, it will feature WiFi, Bluetooth, quadband EDGE, AGPS and a digital compass. Now, there’s no telling what carrier the device will actually drop on or when but based on specs alone, we’re going to say it’s very likely that we’ll see this one hit AT&T.

3. Nightly Business Report
    October 12, 06:14 Reply

If motorola Planned for this AT&T I hope it cover a big market share n be a good compititor for others……..

4. business financing loan
    October 13, 13:29 Reply

Motorola Sage To Be AT&T’s Next Android Handset – well if that so then it will be the very good deal.

5. Mykalai Kontilai
    October 14, 13:14 Reply

I would like to see AT&T get a Droid X, or HTC incredible equivalent. I know it may sound greedy being is AT&T already has the iPhone4 and if I may be so bold as to mention in the same sentence the Bold 9000. The Captivate is not on the same level as either of these phones.

6. Christopher Brandsey
    October 20, 09:29 Reply

Recently released photos and specs name the entry-level Motorola Sage as the next Android smartphone for AT&T.

7. Daniel Calcote
    November 02, 03:25 Reply

It looks like there is already something in the works over at Motorola as an FCC filing sheds light on something going by the codename Sage… Photo

8. Clark Dircz
    December 03, 04:26 Reply

T&T already has a Droid X or incredible equivalent. Check out the Samsung Captivate. It blew the Droid X, EVO, Nexus one and Droid out of the water in the gpu benchmarking tests. Thanks