January 26, 2015

Copy Paste It Adds Copy/Paste Across the Whole Android System

Android has had cut/paste functionality since day one, but sometimes it is limited to cutting and pasting within an individual app or functionality on our handsets. The video below highlights a new app from Edward Kim called Copy Paste It that brings universal cut-and-paste functionality to Android handsets by creating a system wide clipboard on your Android phone.  In essence, the app takes a screenshot, then uses an optical character recognition engine to extract the text from the shot.

Now before you go running to the Market to download, the app needs a rooted phone to work.  If you have root access to your handset, download away!  Use the barcode to purchase the app for $3.99.

Scan to download Copy Paste It.

1. defsquad

i would so love to get this app, but 3.99 is a bit steep, if it was 1.99 i'd be all over it.

2. defsquad

Are you sure it does the same thing? It looks like it doesn't support copying from ANY application; e.g. from Gmail, etc.

3. Stella

This is an app I would use over and over again so the 3.99 price tag is no big deal. I also like the fact that it recognize words in pictures.

4. dima1109

Wait, am I missing something? I'm pretty sure I've been able to copy text from the browser and into the text message for ages …

5. britmic

this looks like the ONE app that may make me consider being rooted full time (currently I am rooted so I could edit /system/build.prop on a Samsung Galaxy S prelease Froyo ROM)

6. Su

It’s a great application BUT it will be better if there is an exit option and let us open it ONLY when necessary.

I think most users don’t like to see too many icon shown in the notification area.

Kindly consider to add this option.

7. Snowy

Useless app – I want to be able to do a Select All Text in an email and copy, then paste to another note or email. You can’t scroll and copy all of the text

POST A COMMENT.