Facebook for Android just got a big upgrade in Version 1.3. By first glance, you’ll immediately notice the difference in the user interface, with a photo reel at the bottom that lets you quickly flip through friends’ recent photos and videos. Pretty neat. Oh, and we should also mention that the upgrade allows users to check their most recent notifications. In addition to this, users can post updates, search friends, and view video using H.264. You can also respond to friend requests and view Facebook events as well. Damn good upgrade if you ask me. Looking forward to a lot more changes like this.
Officially, we’re told the following features have been added:
- An updated homescreen with:
- The ability to post a status update or search for friends with just one click
- A new photo reel that enables easy viewing of photos and videos from friends in your News Feed
- A draggable Notifications drawer where you can easily see if a friend posted a note on your wall, commented or liked a post or tagged you in a photo
- Video playback from the app. Similar to the Facebook for iPhone application, we are using the H.264 baseline profile for encoding videos
- Support for Events. You can now review your upcoming events, read your event details, and even RSVP – all from the application
- Respond to friend requests without leaving the application
So Android fans, do you like it? Is the upgrade good enough? Let us know in the comments!