Froyo Manual Update Now Available for Motorola Droid
The Android 2.2 update for the Motorola Droid has finally been released for manual update! That’s right, all that Froyo goodness is finally here for you to enjoy. To manually update your Droid, read the directions below.
Instructions to manually install Android 2.2 on your Motorola Droid:
*THIS IS ONLY FOR NON-ROOTED STOCK 2.1 USERS.
1. Download this file: update.zip
2. Place file on the root of your sdcard (not in any folder).
Make sure it is named UPDATE.ZIP!
3. Turn your phone off.
4. Boot into recovery (Hold Power + X).
5. Wait for a triangle with exclamation point to appear and release Power and X.
6. Hit the volume up and camera button (half-way down) at the same time.
7. Using the D-Pad select “apply update.zip” and press in the gold button on the D-Pad.
8. Your phone will now run the update.
9. When it finishes, use th D-Pad to select reboot phone.
10. Your phone will reboot with Android 2.2.
Let us know what you think folks! Was Froyo worth the wait?
You might also like
MetroPCS on Friday announced its newest Android smartphone, the waterproof, dust-proof, and shock-proof Kyocera Hydro XTRM. Powered by Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, the 4G LTE handset features a 4-inch, impact-resistant
Fitbit is a great way to track your exercising habits. But if you’re one of the many that doesn’t have a compatible device, today might be your day. With the