Minor T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide Update Starts Today
An over-the-air (OTA) maintenance release for the myTouch 3G Slide has been scheduled for today. Typical of most minor updates, this will address battery performance and provide general enhancements to other features. The release is slated to begin August 4th and run for two weeks, completing on the 19th. If you have a myTouch 3G Slide, keep an eye on your notifications. Note: You cannot manually search for this update on your handset. You will have to wait your turn in line.
Full features of the OTA update:
- Battery Life:
- Updates to the T-Mobile online contact backup connection, which will improve battery life.
- Ability to send MMS messages when connected to Wi-Fi.
- Genius Button improvements:
- Ability to turn GPS on and off using your voice, such as “Turn GPS on.”
- Will announce Caller ID for incoming voice calls and allow you to “Answer” or “Ignore” using your voice.
- Will announce incoming text messages and allow you to “reply” with dictation.
- Faves Gallery improvements:
- The Faves icon will be displayed beside notifications that appear while the device is locked to indicate that the communication is coming from one of your Faves.
- Fave photo display speed will be enhanced.
- General stability will be improved, including more seamless scrolling and consistent display of photos.
You might also like
Show an iPhone user the Android browser on your G1 and they’re likely to point out one thing rather quickly. “Hey, my iPhone does multi-touch, yo.Â Why can’t your Android?“Â
You know that ridiculously fun and addictive 3D MMO game you’ve been playing on your Android phone? No, not Pocket Legends, but the other Spacetime Studios game, Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles.
After teasing us with promises of a game changer and a coyly written tweet, Cellular South has officially announced that the Milestone will soon be available to customers. The Motorola