Minor T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide Update Starts Today
An over-the-air (OTA) maintenance release for the myTouch 3G Slide has been scheduled for today. Typical of most minor updates, this will address battery performance and provide general enhancements to other features. The release is slated to begin August 4th and run for two weeks, completing on the 19th. If you have a myTouch 3G Slide, keep an eye on your notifications. Note: You cannot manually search for this update on your handset. You will have to wait your turn in line.
Full features of the OTA update:
- Battery Life:
- Updates to the T-Mobile online contact backup connection, which will improve battery life.
- Ability to send MMS messages when connected to Wi-Fi.
- Genius Button improvements:
- Ability to turn GPS on and off using your voice, such as “Turn GPS on.”
- Will announce Caller ID for incoming voice calls and allow you to “Answer” or “Ignore” using your voice.
- Will announce incoming text messages and allow you to “reply” with dictation.
- Faves Gallery improvements:
- The Faves icon will be displayed beside notifications that appear while the device is locked to indicate that the communication is coming from one of your Faves.
- Fave photo display speed will be enhanced.
- General stability will be improved, including more seamless scrolling and consistent display of photos.
You might also like
Why bother going to Google IO to get a free Android smartphone when Verizon is hunting consumers down on the street!
Betcha didn’t know this, but Archos has been in the Android tablet game as long as anyone. They have already release tablets/devices running Android that range in size from 2.8-inches