Cellular South is announcing today that the Motorola Milestone is now available as part of their handset lineup. Some of our readers might recall the privately owned wireless provider had been teasing us with the phone for a few months, starting back in May. For $149.99 (after a $50 mail-in reward card) and a two-year service agreement, customers can sign up for the Smartphone Unlimited plan which provides unlimited talk, text, and web for only $59.98 a month per line for two lines. As many of you may already know, the Android 2.1-powered Milestone is essentially a Droid handset with its 3.7-inch screen, sliding QWERTY keyboard, 5-megapixel camera, and 8 GB memory card.
Cellular South Launches Android™-Powered Motorola Milestone Smartphone with One of the World’s Thinnest QWERTY Keyboards
Advanced Touchscreen Device Features Android™ 2.1 Mobile Operating System, Large High-Resolution Screen and Powerful, Built-in Google™ Mobile Services
Milestone First of Several New Android-Based Smartphones Wireless Carrier Plans to Unveil This Year
RIDGELAND, Miss.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Cellular South, the nation’s largest privately held wireless communications provider, announced the release today of one of the most advanced Android-powered touchscreen smartphones – the Motorola Milestone™.
Following on the heels of Cellular South’s record-breaking introduction of its first Android-powered touchscreen smartphone, the Motorola Milestone is the first of several new Android-powered touchscreen smartphone devices the carrier plans to offer its customers this year. Cellular South was one of the first U.S. carriers to introduce an Android™-powered smartphone with the launch of the HTC Hero™ last November.
Featuring high-speed web browsing, access to thousands of applications from Android MarketTM, voice-activated search and a 3.7” widescreen display over one of the best 3G networks, the Android-powered Motorola Milestone from Cellular South sets a new standard for speed, performance and reliability.
The Milestone features the best of both worlds with a full QWERTY keyboard, one of the thinnest in the world, and advanced touchscreen navigation integrated with built-in Google mobile services, including Google Search™, Google Maps™, Gmail™, YouTube™ and Google Maps Navigation™ BETA with voice-aided turn-by-turn directions.
- Powered by Android 2.1 mobile operating system from Google with pinch to zoom, Live Wallpapers and a full HTML web browser
- Superior call quality with CrystalTalk™ Plus that filters out background noise and enhances voice quality
- 3.7” high resolution (16:9 widescreen) screen display with 854 pixel width and more than 400,000 total pixels so you can see more of the web, e-mail, and more
- Access to thousands of apps available through Android Market™. Navigate seamlessly back and forth and keep up to six applications open and running at a time. Android Market™ currently has over 56,000 applications available for download and about 65 percent of them are free of charge.
- Full suite of Google applications including: Google Maps™, Gmail™, Google Talk™, and YouTube™
- Google Maps Navigation™ BETA, which provides turn-by-turn voice directions as a free feature of Google Maps along with live traffic, Street View and satellite imagery
- 5 megapixel digital camera with dual-LED flash, AutoFocus and image stabilization and DVD-broadcast quality advanced video record and playback (30 fps) in 16 million colors with easy 3G or Wi-Fi YouTube™ uploads
- An 8 GB memory card included (up to 32 GB capable) for storage of your favorite music, pictures and video
- When placed in its multi-media station, the Milestone transforms into a multi-media hub for movies, music, pictures and can even act as your bedside alarm clock.
- Use stereo Bluetooth® to take calls and listen to music hands-free
- Plug your favorite headphones into the 3.5mm headset jack and kick back to your favorite music or movies
Pricing and Availability
- Beginning today, the Motorola Milestone is available for sale online at www.cellularsouth.com and in Cellular South retail stores for $149.99 after a $50 mail-in reward card and with a two-year service agreement.
- To make owning the Milestone an even better experience, Cellular South has the industry’s best value for smartphones with its Smartphone Unlimited plan – the only one of its kind in the nation – that makes the enriched user experience more accessible to individuals, families and businesses. For only $59.98 a month per line for two lines, customers can talk, text, access the Web, and e-mail on the smartest network for smartphones without worrying about counting minutes, megabtyes or surprise bills.
- With better coverage, fewer dropped calls and more 3G high-speed data service, Cellular South is the smartest place to get Android smartphones and offers the best mobile broadband experience for the Motorola Milestone.