Evernote Update Adds Convenient Widget and Sharing Option
Evernote updated their Android app earlier this week, fixing minor issues, and adding a pair of notable features in the process. The ultra-popular note/task application now offers an Android widget for added tasking convenience. It’s now possible to add snapshots, audio notes, and text notes right from the desktop of your handset.
In addition to that, it’s also much easier to create notes from within your other Android applications. For instance, if you have a website that you’d like to save and followup with, you can find Evernote as one of the options under sharing. Evernote has also taken steps towards offline note storage with the advent of caching. Notes are cached on the phone now, providing for faster loading and searching.
Other details found in the update:
- Fixed a problem that kept an edited note from updating properly
- Fixed a problem that removed intentional white space within notes
- Added higher resolution iconography (Android 2.1 and later)
- Placed the Save button onscreen on the audio notes screen
- Fixed a problem that kept the app from loading tags properly