G2 Gets Closer to Release, Pops Up in FCC Filing

We told you about the G2 possibly launching on September 29th, and we’ve found something that seems to support our theory. A phone that may well be the T-Mobile G2 has popped up in an FCC filing, listed as the HTC PC10100. According to the filing, it  supports AWS 3G, 802.11n WiFi, and there are several HSPA+ references in there as well. That last bit especially makes it sound like the PC10100 is the G2.

This looks to be the much anticipated device that we’ve been talking about for months. We’ll keep you in the loop as more info on this device rolls in. But with FCC certification under its belt, the G2 is that much closer to being a reality.

Justin Marden
Justin Marden 488 posts

I've been an Android fanboy since day one, but I've never had a chance to truly express my voice and be a part of the Android Community. When AndroidGuys starting accepting applications for interns, I saw my opportunity. I joined the AndroidGuys team and haven't looked back!

New LG Handset Leaks with Unique Slider QWERTY Design

A new LG handset with T-Mobile branding and a unique form factor has been spotted in the wild.   There is no official name for the device yet but we have an

Logitech Revue: New & Improved with Android 3.1.. Sorta

Since its release, the Logitech Revue has been quite popular (and even more so since Logitech dropped the price to $99), and it appears that it’s being updated.. sorta. The

Another Report Projecting Android Apps Eclipsing iOS in August

Just one week after Distimo projected a summer time frame for Android app outnumbering Apple’s, market research firm research2guidance is predicting something very similar. After crunching numbers and consulting the crystal ball,

1. g1-and-only
    August 25, 09:22 Reply

this would explain the shortage in amoled screens ,….,,,…yeaaaaaa cant wait to ge mine

2. Mardenator
    August 25, 20:24 Reply

I for one am very excited about this device. it’ll be a nice replacement for my clunky old G1

3. Nightly Business Report
    October 12, 09:55 Reply

G2 have a what technology,it supports AWS 3G, 802.11n WiFi, and there are several HSPA+ references in there as well. That last bit especially makes it sound like the PC10100 is the G2.

4. Mykalai Kontilai
    October 15, 06:26 Reply

Excellent design, fast wireless Internet speeds and Android’s solid construction and huge menu of apps make the G2 easily the best phone on T-Mobile’s network.

5. Robert DiRenzo
    December 04, 01:32 Reply

That last bit especially makes it sound like the PC10100 is the G2. This looks to be the much anticipated device that we’ve been talking about for months..Thanks for sharing with us…..

6. Eco Village
    December 06, 06:19 Reply

I’ve had T-mobile since 2002, and I’ve been happy with it. The service in the Denver area is pretty solid, and my calls never drop like my AT &T friends. I don’t miss messages like my Verizon friends. Their services cost 20%-30% more than my service, and I have full internet.

7. Greg Stubblefield
    January 20, 04:57 Reply

8. Brian Stubbs
    January 27, 02:54 Reply

This new app also has that fix so if you’re still running an older version of Google Voice, you may not want to upgrade.