Droid Incredible Now Expected to See Froyo Update Tomorrow

Think of this post as a Monopoly-style “Bank error in your favor“.  The Droid Incredible is now expected to see Android 2.2 updates as early as tomorrow, August 27th.  This is a few days earlier than what we had last heard and only a couple of weeks beyond the initial rumored time frame.  If you have one of these HTC beauties, you’ll soon be experiencing Flash 10.1, automatic app updates, 3G mobile hotspots, and much more!  In the meanwhile, you brave rooting souls can grab it yourself.

Scott Webster
Scott Webster 6602 posts

Images of RIM’s BlackBerry Messenger for Android Leak Online

We’ve been expecting Research in Motion’s BlackBerry Messenger application for Android for more than a few months now, however things finally look to be coming to a head.  TechnoBuffalo has

Twitter launches new messaging and video capabilities

Twitter has grown exponentially since its release in 2006 and CEO Dick Costolo is adamant to prove that the social platform is not going anywhere anytime soon. Twitter just released

CM9 Nightlies and ClockworkMod come to Sprint Galaxy Nexus

Sprint Galaxy Nexus owners, get ready. CM9 has come to your device, along with the infamous ClockworkMod recovery. With as new as this device is, we’re surprised to see these

1. dan
    August 26, 13:49 Reply

I won’t hold my breath.

2. Benny Bravo
    August 26, 13:51 Reply

… Bout time, I was bout to start harassing VZW CSR’s about when we would see the 2.2 loving.

3. anthony
    August 26, 20:24 Reply

Well I have been emailing HTC and Verizon both HTC has said the same thing if anything where to happen it will be released on there site they are pretty good with updating people as I had been emailing the daily and early this week I sent an email to Verizon and today got a phone call and the guy called me about my email saying there is nothing on the update and they are still working on some bugs even the original Droid witch got froyo is having problems just thought I would let u guys no I hope I’m wrong and they do release it early but if they do hope there is no bugs

4. brandon r.
    August 26, 22:47 Reply

If you check the specs of the DINC on VZW it now has 2.2 as ops.

5. anthony
    August 26, 23:23 Reply

Sweet I will look in to that thank you

6. anthony
    August 26, 23:28 Reply

Your right it does say that I guess we will all see soon I hope

7. anthony
    August 26, 23:55 Reply

Not to be a pain but HTC web site says 2.1 so maybe they just are saying its compatible Idk

8. Joel M
    August 27, 10:23 Reply

I just called Verizon and talked with tech support and the lady told me that the 2.2 upgrade
    is starting to be pushed out today and will be completed in 2-3 days.