More Evidence that G2 is launching 9/29

It looks as though some pretty convincing evidence has surfaced regarding Big Magenta’s successor to the G1, the HTC Vision/Tmobile G2.  Speculation has been going on for months about the G2, and we have covered it every step of the way, but this is the first time we have some hardcore evidence supporting the September 29th launch date.

TmoNews supplied photographic proof that there is indeed a handset dropping on Tmo on September 29th and all evidence points to this being the launch of the G2.  Everybody still holding on to their original G1 (cough…me) can breathe a sign a relief…the Vibrant was looking good for a while, but I’m a sucker for a hardware keyboard.

Who can’t wait for the G2 to drop?

Image: TmoNews

AndroidGuys
AndroidGuys 4627 posts

Galaxy Nexus signup page goes live with seven U.S. carriers listed

With all the major carriers listed, we wonder just how long Verizon’s exclusivity will last.

Millennial Media Report Shows Verizon iPhone’s Impact on Android

Since the first whispers of a Verizon iPhone began, the question on many Android enthusiast’s minds was what kind of impact the handset could have.  Would it stop Android’s growth

Sony Xperia T2 Ultra and Xperia C3 get Lollipop update

After doling out Android 5.0 Lollipop updates to its Xperia Z series flagship phones, Sony has begun rolling out software updates for two more devices: Sony Xperia T2 Ultra and Sony Xperia C3. The

1. Kay
    August 27, 11:10 Reply

“Everybody still holding on to their original G1 (cough…me) can breathe a sign a relief…the Vibrant was looking good for a while, but I’m a sucker for a hardware keyboard.”

You and me both brutha!

2. TareX
    August 27, 11:48 Reply

Why would you -or anyone- go for a phone which will have no video calling in its future? I can swallow software bugs, but not hardware deficiencies… Europe, Asia and the ME have had video calling since 2006… I can’t imagine buying a brand new phone in 2010 with no front camera.

Gingerbread will DEFINITELY come with a native video calling solution, with Gmail chat being integrated…

3. Zach Younkin
    August 27, 11:56 Reply

I absolutely love my G1. I’ve had it for exactly one year and can’t imagine ever going to the iPhone after seeing the openness of my G1.

4. DaveC
    August 27, 12:17 Reply

It’s too bad the downgraded the G1’s keyboard.

5. RB IV
    August 27, 13:34 Reply

Maybe they have hid a front facing camera, and yeah the 4 row keyboard through me off, I can see how a 4 row could be as useful or even better than a 5 row…I can definitely live without video calling. It’s also good to know that the cyanogen team and many other great developers will be backing the G2. Look how they gave the G1 an extended life, I expect the same to stand true with the G2.

6. Jim Leary
    August 27, 15:22 Reply

I’m eager to put my G1 out to pasture (although it has been good to me over the past two years.) However, my buddy at T-Mobile corporate said the picture of the calendar is not from T-mobile’s offices. Amazing how people believe everything they see on the internet.

7. dowter
    August 27, 18:58 Reply

What I’m curious about is what is happening on the 28th. Are they gonna end the $50 unlimited text/talk plan?

• MIKED
      September 03, 09:22 Reply

That is a yes , i have friend that works at the T-Mobile offices here in Tampa FL and he told me that it is a yes unlimited $50 text plan ends on the 28th.

• MIKED