January 29, 2015

Stable Version of CyanogenMod 6 Now Available for Download

Great news! CyanogenMod 6 is now “stable” and available for download!  For most phones, you’ll need access to the root and boot-loader.  If you are a first-timer, make sure to head over the Cyanogen’s site for full directions as you could brick your phone if you are not careful.  Click on the source link for phones supported and all the rest of your needs. I am flashing my Nexus One now!

Happy flashing!

Source: CyanogenMod

• Chris

Try 6.0.1. Initially the kernel was booting overclocked. Koush fixed it. Runs great.

1. Javier

Okay, I tried searching the site and I can’t find a basic ‘how to’ I would really like this update, can someone help?

2. Nick

Just installed it on my G1, and it works great. This should hold me over another month until I can get the G2.

3. Chris

What difference it makes.Got Nexus One Froyo.What extra i get after downloading CyanogenMod 6.Someone knows?

• Travis

I wouldn’t bother installing it if you have a Nexus One with the official Android 2.2.

This works well for people like me who have a G1 that will never get an official Froyo build.

• Ken Pennett

All sorts of Custom colors “clock/icon highlight”
      The ability to do things like hide your notification bar “too late for me” it’s already burnt into the screen :(
      Hide Action buttons… (the phone & Browser) Change your Widgets size’s how many columns & rows per page CPU Over clocking (Not really needed but) countless other Tweaks in the ROM :) not every one finds then needed or even cares though…
      Those who do care appreciate the efforts that went into the outcome it’s a community thing also so….. enjoy :)

4. jayzus

It will work on:
    Google Nexus One
    HTC Aria
    HTC Dream / HTC Magic
    HTC Desire
    HTC Evo
    HTC Hero CDMA
    HTC Hero GSM
    HTC Incredible
    HTC MyTouch 3G Slide
    Motorola Droid

I think only the Galaxy S version is still in-progress, but that’s not expected to release until CM 6.1.

Javier, check http://www.theunlockr.com for some easy how-to guides.

5. Matt

I took my maiden voyage into ‘modding’ today. Followed the http://theunlockr.com/ directions for rooting and flashing a custom ROM to my G1.

Installed this cyanogen rom, and so far so good. I too can be held over for a few months until contract expiration time.

6. Lipe

I installed saturday on my droid 1 is great runs so fast and i download it flash 10.1 from the market great job cyanogen firts i root my droid with easy root then i install rom manger from the market the you download the rom is very easy this process

7. Tracy

It works almost flawlessly on my MT3G 1.2, camera wouldn’t connect so I reverted back to previous CyanogenMod for now. :(

POST A COMMENT.