First Look: “Official” G2 Pictures Leaked

We’re less than a month away from the rumored G2 launch (Sept. 29) so we’re not surprised by the recent spate of leaks.  This time around, we’re being treated what’s billed as the first “official” images of the T-Mobile handset.  Check out three pictures of the device with carrier branding, in various angles!

As a recap, the HTC device will run Android 2.2 and feature a 3.7-Inch Active Matrix OLED display, 1 GHz Processor, and 5-megapixel camera with autofocus. Other details include support for WiFi, GPS, Bluetooth, and of course, T-Mobile’s HSPA+ network!

So, let’s hear it.  Are you guys getting excited over this or what?  Does T-Mobile have a serious flagship device worthy of comparison to the Droid 2 or Epic 4G,?

Source : CellPhoneSignal

Scott Webster
Scott Webster 6601 posts

McAfee: Malware on Android jumps 37 percent over previous quarter

McAfee has issued a new report today which paints Android as the primary target for new mobile malware. With growth of 37 percent quarter over quarter, nearly every bit of

Seesmic 1.7 Released with A Host of Shortcuts and Customization Options

Popular Twitter and Facebook client Seesmic released an update into the Android Market yesterday, adding a variety of new options for users.  Centered around giving you what you need in

Walmart to Offer Sprint EVO 4G for $199 Without Mail-In Rebate

It appears Walmart is officially joining the EVO 4G party.  That’s right, Walmart, no doubt wanting a share of the EVO sales has joined both Best Buy and Radio Shack

1. Jeremy
    August 31, 13:52 Reply

Certainly hope it turns out to be a great phone – I’ve loved my G1, but it’s really looking old these days.

My one wish is that the trend to use soft buttons would die a very fast death. Sure they don’t look as nice, but real buttons work a whole lot better.

2. ryaninc
    August 31, 13:56 Reply

I’d be very surprised if this launched with an AMOLED screen, given the current shortages HTC is experiencing with the Incredible and Desire. I’d expect this to launch with one of their new SuperLCDs. Unless they already have the first batch complete and they already have AMOLEDs inside.

3. Josh K
    August 31, 14:00 Reply

Looks pretty great so far. Needs to be stock Android 2.2 or I won’t consider. If there is a skin it will delay any updates, and T-Mobile has been pretty terrible updating current devices (G1, myTouch, etc) to new versions of Android and I am a little gun shy about getting burned again. I’d hate to jump on this, and then see all the other carriers roll out to 3.0 at some point and have the TMO phones stay on legacy software.

4. Will Sours
    August 31, 14:03 Reply

I wish they would have gone with a larger screen. 4 – 4.3″ really is nice and makes the on screen buttons much more accurate for those of us with big hands.

5. Chuck Falzone
    August 31, 14:06 Reply

What is the app between Voice and Navigation? Little black box. In one of the other pics at CellPhoneSignal, it appears to be named Quick Keys. Something to set up keyboard shortcuts, maybe?

6. g1-and-only
    August 31, 14:14 Reply

This is an ovious reason why there is a shortage of amoled screens…they used some for this beauty. as for a 4’3in screen, keep that tablet for verizon and sprint, 3’7 is perfect. i have handled the evo and droid x and must say i wont be jumping on that band wagon anytime soon, just because they have TV ads that tell you thats the new “HIP THING” walking around with that much going on in your pocket is just silly, i really hope they keep making phones at normal size, even 2 years from now when i upgrade again

7. David Oliver
    August 31, 14:25 Reply

T Mobile’s experience with G1 and successors was positive so I certatinly see T Mobile bringing out a own-brand device that rivals the the Samsung Galaxy range.

I’d note, also, that seeing a G2 at T Mobile this year would seemingly preclude an iPhone on T Mobile in 2010 (and, likely, 2010).

8. B
    August 31, 14:37 Reply

1ghz? Is that confirmed? I thought it was the new 800 mhz scorpion chip.

9. DRew
    August 31, 17:45 Reply

ARG! I don’t know what to do. My first android phone was the Behold II and I still have it. I want it gone so bad! But I’m practically wading in doubts about buying something else at full price whose firmware won’t be updated! I know this has vanilla android on it, but does it have the specs that Google said would be needed for gingerbread? Was one of them a 4″ screen? Maybe the MyTouchHD will have a 4″ screen and vanilla android? I hate wading.. I’m ready to swim!

• smooth3d
      August 31, 18:27 Reply

I wish that rumor will die, Google said the that rumor was false!!!!!!

• g1-and-only
      September 01, 07:03 Reply

the nexus is the offical developers phone…….you tell me if its updateable?
      ( of course it is )

10. Richard
    August 31, 20:05 Reply

Just looks like a nexus one (other than the hardware) with a keyboard. I guess NBD compared to thee samsung vibrant.

11. Monster Strike Cheats
    March 16, 06:15 Reply

A very first collection of defence for the eye balls is
    sometimes sunglasses, as well as the tint of your lens can perform very much to combat
    undesirable results of glare. A check of area video stores and Redboxes didn’t turn this gem up
    as an available rental. This new design delivers
    unexcelled power and productivity.

12. video
    March 29, 05:53 Reply

Thanks for any other informative web site. The place else
    may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect manner?
    I have a mission that I am simply now operating on, and I’ve been on the look out for such information.

13. Magnificent items from you, man. I have take into accout your stuff prior
    to and you’re just too fantastic. I really like what you’ve got
    here, really like what you’re saying and the best way by
    which you are saying it. You are making it entertaining and you still care for
    to stay it sensible. I can’t wait to learn far more from you.
    That is really a wonderful site.

14. Gemmes Clash of Clans
    April 12, 16:14 Reply

These screws were made from a very strong element called
    iridium, and oil tankers were connected to each
    other using such devices. The engine place in the trucks is much improved and hence the functioning of the brakes is amazing.
    Echinacea has been used by the native North American Indians for
    centuries for its beneficial medicinal properties.

15. design my own shirt
    April 20, 17:14 Reply

I have read so many articles or reviews on the topic of the blogger lovers except this paragraph is truly a pleasant piece of writing, keep it up.

16. facebook espace jeux
    May 15, 18:37 Reply

Aw, this was an exceptionally good post. Spending some time
    and actual effort to create a very good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate a lot
    and never seem to get anything done.

17. game of war wiki
    May 21, 15:04 Reply

These are just standard ones and wood just plain guide labor.
    I often wonder how many multi-talented individuals one comes across in one’s journalistic
    pursuits within the home improvement fixtures that are sturdy and a 6 tile with no fuss.
    Since they are very desirable but they can get you going to talk?