The Ticker (September 3rd)
We get an awful lot of emails from you guys wanting to share news, promote links, tips, etc. As much as we’d love to share everything that comes across the inbox, we simply can’t. So, we decided to start a semi-regular series of posts called “The Ticker”. These will be items that we think are worth covering, but not necessarily in a dedicated post. And away we go!
- Debating on whether or not to use a task killer for your Android phone? Droid Den breaks things down and helps you understand why they are mostly unnecessary, yet sometimes, handy.
- Why aren’t developers making as much money on Android as they’d like. The answer, according to Open-First, is porn and piracy. Of the 118 developers polled, the unhappy guys blame “Google’s absence of quality controls and promotional support”.
- Download Vignette’s latest release and try their new Time-Lapse feature. It allows users to take pictures at 15, 30, 60, 120 and 240 second intervals. Here’s a sample video of how it works!
- Pure Pwnage has a beta app in the works that should be released in the next few weeks. Oh, and they have another app coming called “Boom Headshot”.
- Launcher Pro is not just a great home screen/launcher app. It’s also a fantastic tool that allows users to build custom shortcuts. Check out how this guys uses Launcher Pro Activities to create a one-click icon to the LbsTestMode (GPS settings).
- For those of you who don’t have Launcher Pro, Anycut also lets users do similar things. Here’s how to do the same thing.
- The highly addictive, super popular iBasket has come to Android. Download it and see how many points you can score in 90 seconds!
You might also like
Worried that Motorola might consider hedging their bets? Don’t be. The company is in love with Android and doesn’t need to look beyond the platform.
It’s official. The Nexus One is no longer be available for purchase from Google. If you visit the page set up for the handset you will find a bland grey
The official Google Earth application was updated today and it’s quite a fun one to play with. If you have not tried out Google Earth on your Android yet be