The Top 25 Android Phones as Decided by YOU

You might recall that last week we brought you the first Android Phone Power Rankings.  The AndroidGuys staff got together as a team and listed the top phones from US carriers and ranked them from 1 to 25.  Then, we turned around and asked for you to cast your vote in the FAN POLL.  We were extremely curious to see what you guys think as a whole.  What phones do you like the best?  Do you think along the same lines as us?  Take a look at the September Fan Vote after the jump!Android Phone Power Rankings (FAN VOTE) for September 2010

1. HTC Nexus One
  20. Motorola Charm
  21. Motorola i1
  22. Motorola Devour
  23. Motorola Cliq XT
  24. Garminfone
  25. Motorola Cliq

Who didn’t make the cut?  That would be the Motorola Backflip and Samsung Behold II.

Agree or disagree?  Leave a comment below.  We’ll be back in the first week of October to see what you think next month.  We’ll have at least one new addition in the Verizon Fascinate.

Scott Webster
Scott Webster 6615 posts

Download This: my6sense

My new favorite Twitter app is my6sense. It’s also my new favorite Facebook app. And my new favorite Google Reader app, and my new favorite Google Buzz app. My6sense pulls

AndroidGuys Weekly Wrap-Up: HTC Puccini, No Verizon Galaxy S II, and More!

Let’s take a look back at some of the bigger, more newsworthy items from last week, shall we?  There was plenty to talk about in the world of Android, but

Motorola Moto G with “Universal 4G LTE” available for pre-order on Amazon

When the Moto G was first announced, it was widely received as a super affordable Android handset with decent specs.  However, the biggest drawback was not having 4G LTE compatability.

1. rcprater9
    September 08, 10:58 Reply

The number one spot is DEAD ON THE MONEY!

• Kevin
      September 09, 10:15 Reply

Seriously? I understand for nostalgia’s sake. But please explain to me why the Nexus One is better than EVO?

No doubt – it’s a great phone – but number 1? Why would Google pull it if they didn’t think it was “dated” ?

• Greg
        September 09, 11:26 Reply

The Nexus One IS the best phone. It’s not just nostalgia. I switched to Sprint a couple weeks ago from T-Mobile because they have a better network where I live, but I miss my N1. The EVO doesn’t even compare. I’m not sure I’d give it the #2 spot either. The N1 kicks EVO’s butt on speed, reliability, user experience (I freakin HATE Sense), etc, etc.

2. RonnieB
    September 08, 10:59 Reply

Are you kidding me? I have a G1 and my fiancee has a myTouch 3G. Your list has my phone ranked two higher than hers? I know it was a fan vote, and I do love my G1, but there’s no doubt in my mind that her myTouch is a much better phone. I just wish Google would remember us G1 owners that have been running Android since the beginning and let us get an update. 1.6 is so last year… literally. LOL!

• Jared
      December 14, 01:59 Reply

Despite the G1 being older than the myTouch, it does have a 5 row keyboard. And since android is open-sourced with made to be modded phones the G1 can be better than a MT3G when rooted, new rom, and an overclock kernal. The G1 is a better dev-phone in my belief.

3. Lekky
    September 08, 11:00 Reply

You should have grouped the votes for the samsung galaxy s variants. No Desire means you should probably specify this list as Top 25 Android Phones Available In America too!

• Karl
      September 08, 11:08 Reply

Desire is available in the US now. :) On select regional carriers.

• Chuck Falzone
      September 08, 11:13 Reply

There’s a big difference between the galaxy s variants, tho– I’d much, much rather have an Epic (hard keyboard, 4G) than a Fascinate (Bing instead of Google search)

4. bob
    September 08, 11:04 Reply

Where is the desire in that list eh?

5. Alan
    September 08, 11:07 Reply

Yup the Desire trumps all those, although America only got it last week or so.

6. vincent
    September 08, 11:08 Reply

Both this top 25 and last weeks missing out the HTC Desire, WTF! It’s basically a Nexus One but better!

• jdog
      September 08, 11:24 Reply

But there is the problem it is the same as the Nexus One but the Nexus gets Google latest version of android first so even if the Desire was on this list it would be at probably number if not lower because it is carrier and manufacturer controlled.

• Raphael Savina
      September 08, 11:28 Reply

Some would say that a HTC Desire is a Nexus One with HTS Sense (there is more to it but that’s true to say that) and it makes it slower to update to the latest Android version so it makes the Desire less attractive than the Nexus One…

• Mat
        September 09, 03:53 Reply

Main difference (other than sense) is the awesome noise cancelling mic in the nexus :)

7. tristan
    September 08, 11:15 Reply

@Ronnie you’re not going to be getting any more official updates. The only way your g1 is ever seeing 2.2 is if you use a custom rom.

Which I recommended you do.

8. tekrhino
    September 08, 11:34 Reply

The Number One spot is Deadly Correct!!

9. Martin
    September 08, 11:51 Reply

I agree with the number 1.

Has the same power as the Desire but trumps it on updates in my opinion. Stock Android will always beat Sense for me.

• Martin
      September 08, 11:53 Reply

In addition, that isn’t bad going for a phone which is 8 months old!

10. futurejohn
    September 08, 11:55 Reply

Wow, I’m surprised how accurate this list is. It’s pretty interesting that right after 15 is where all the worthless phones begin.

• Martin
      September 08, 12:02 Reply

I’m also surprised at the result. Considering the number of phones supposedly sold.

11. Rahul
    September 08, 11:59 Reply

Moto Milestone is the best.

12. mikeeeee
    September 08, 12:35 Reply

they haven’t made it yet.

bluetooth HID.

UMA/WIFI calling.

when they include those things then, they have a winner.

13. mjsd555
    September 08, 13:09 Reply

I have an EVO and am very surprised by this ranking…or actually not so surprised. Everyone is always complaining about how crappy the battery life is so I thought it might be lower. I get great battery life, no problem getting through a full day and agree that it’s the second best Android phone out there. If I could get the N1 on Sprint I would.

14. quang
    September 08, 13:34 Reply

I am proud to be a nexus one owner!
    Custom ROM: Cyanogen Mod 6 the stable release.
    My phones performance topped the stock 2.2 nexus one on quandrant standard. Android rules!

15. gopa
    September 08, 13:35 Reply

why is there no dell streak

16. opiate46
    September 08, 13:45 Reply

The Droids do not beat the Vibrant. I’ll give exception to the Incredible because of its smoothness, but not the others. Hell the only reason the EVO beats it is because of features. Ever played with those two side by side? The EVO feels sluggish in comparison. Also, rootability should play a factor as in if you’re on this site there’s a good chance you root and play in that world.

I do agree with #1. I wish the companies would see this and realize customers want Android – not Sense, Touchwiz, or Blur.

17. JaylanPHNX
    September 08, 13:52 Reply

Honestly, with the way the update schedule has been, I’d rather have a Behold II than my Cliq XT. At least it has 1.6 and an AMOLED screen. Boo, Motorola!

18. bryanl
    September 08, 13:54 Reply

After having an EVO since May, and getting the Epic last week, I have to say the Epic is a better phone (subjectively). Sure it only runs 2.1, but it is pretty damn fast. I enjoy the screen and the dedicated camera button. I’m not too keen on the battery life.

19. JJ
    September 08, 18:24 Reply

I agree with #1, but its funny that when the Htc Hero first came out (or leaked rom)…..everyone said how boring vanilla android was and how they wanted Roise( aka sense)….heck Haykuro made Danger SPL just cuz people wanted a “Nicer more featureful rom” now everyone jumps on the vanilla bandwagon…Ive always like vanilla and never wanted anything else…

20. rainai
    September 08, 19:45 Reply

Proud to be a N1 owner! #1! Mmmm… Mmmm…

21. Rye
    September 08, 19:50 Reply

Where’s HTC Desire? :(

22. Patrick
    September 08, 21:10 Reply

I do love my Nexus One!! Maybe because it’s pure Android and doesn’t have all that crapware on it, especially since I’ve had Android since the G1 almost two years ago.

23. ben
    September 09, 08:04 Reply

HTC Desire should be in the list at number 1.

24. Claudia
    September 09, 10:08 Reply

I have a G1 for a business phone now and a MyTouch Slide as a personal phone. There’s also the Samsung Galaxy S in our house. I love them all! My man and I also agree that the Cliq sucks.

25. Luis
    September 09, 10:16 Reply

The Samsung Vibrant should be higher on that list. If u look at some of the phones that are higher on the list by specs u will see what I am talking about.

26. Luis
    September 09, 10:16 Reply

27. erlis linza
    September 09, 15:20 Reply

OMG! i hv a g1 and its halfway! it sounds gr8 4 a 2 year old phone..

28. Ben
    September 09, 19:01 Reply

Hey! I have the Motorola Backflip and I think it’s the best phone ever. Ity should have at least made the list.

29. Adam
    September 27, 13:28 Reply

No HTC Droid Eris? I figured it would be around the middle of the pack.

And have to agree with Luis. The Samsung Vibrant is an amazing device. #3 on my list behind the Epic and the Evo. And it’s not missing a physical keyboard. It doesn’t need one.

30. Gil
    October 11, 04:04 Reply

I guess people didn’t read the post. Why are folks getting upset there phone didn’t get number one or a better ranking. This was a vote by the staff and readers. This was the end result. Droid X

31. reggie523
    October 15, 15:11 Reply

The battery life could be better but in all i’m please with my Evo

32. chrisg28382
    November 06, 16:16 Reply

i have the htc desire, and i have to say boooooo. maybe its the carrier (us cell) i dont know, but its slow on 3g, switches back and forth from 3g to 1x, and reboots at random. been replaced once, jumping ship to verizon, and most likely the droid x

33. Beachem
    November 08, 04:36 Reply

I agree that the nexus is on top
    however the droid is not better then the captivate
    A g1 is no where near better then the mytouch get real.

34. Yasir
    November 10, 13:33 Reply

where is desire from htc ,the real #1.

35. savouy