NOOK for Android Adds New Features in 2.2 Release
Barnes & Noble has just announced another update to their popular NOOK application for Android. This marks the third release in just seven short weeks. NOOK runs on Android devices at 1.6 or higher and provides full access to the Barnes & Noble eBookstore which has more than one million digital titles. A full list of improvements and enhancements from NOOK 2.2 is listed after the break.
- Faster access and action in Library:
- Pop-up menus appear around eBooks in Library to offer the most frequently used options, including Details, LendMe, More By and Buy Now (for samples). This feature is enabled by QuickActions, a new best practice in Android UI. Barnes & Noble is among the first companies to incorporate QuickActions into Android apps, along with Twitter.
- More customizable reading experience:
- There are now four line spacing options available, in addition to the four margin options introduced previously.
- Text justification can be turned on or off.
- The settings screen has been updated to a more user-friendly format to accommodate the latest changes.
- More immersive reading experience:
- Readers now have the option to hide the status bar when reading to focus more fully on the content.
- Other performance enhancements
Click here to download the free NOOK 2.2 app for your Android phone!