Image of AT&T-Branded Samsung Galaxy Tab Leaks Out

Engadget has gotten a hold of some very juicy Android related news.  If you see the photo above, you probably already know what that news is. That’s right, The Samsung Galaxy Tab will be launching on AT&T.   Engadget is claiming that this device, and three other Android handsets will be shipping “prior to December.” Nice. Now lets just see how much AT&T can neuter this device. I really hope they don’t.

As far as a release date and pricing goes, we don’t have anything to share unfortunately.  I feel that the biggest question mark thus far has been price.  We have heard both extremely high and moderate prices. Who knows at this point.

While overall I am a bit surprised by this, this should prove to be a great alternative to the iPad.  I might even pick one up.

Anyone interested in an AT&T-branded Galaxy Tab?

Source: Engadget

AndroidGuys
AndroidGuys 4629 posts

Droid Bionic to Run $299 When it Arrives September 8

The minimum advertised pricing for the Droid Bionic has arrived online and it doesn’t come as much of a surprise.  According to information passed to AndroidCentral, the 4G Motorola handset

Samsung Galaxy S5 to feature aluminum unibody, report says

Rumors continue to heat up for the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S4 successor, presumed to be called the Galaxy S5. The last few weeks have given way to multiple reports about

HTC schedules March 1st event to unveil their latest flagship

HTC has sent out press invites for an unveiling event for March 1st in Barcelona. Barcelona, of course, is the site for the Mobile World Congress, so this could mean

1. anakin78z
    September 13, 20:26 Reply

Considering it’s shipping with Samsung’s own app store, I wonder if AT&T will be able to disable installation of non-market apps (considering that likely disable’s Samsung’s store)?

• Ahmed Eltawil
      September 14, 10:27 Reply

2. Eddie
    September 13, 20:42 Reply

Honestly I dont care what carrier gets it because I’m just going to tether it to my Nexus One and my upcoming G2

3. Jeremy
    September 13, 20:54 Reply

Not willing to sign a contract for it. I’ll have to settle for the archos 70.

4. UK Online Bingo sites
    September 14, 03:54 Reply

According to a tipster who delivered the image, the Samsung Galaxy Tab is being indicated as one of AT&T’s flagship devices for this holiday season.

5. jason
    September 14, 10:29 Reply

don’t care. i want wifi only and no carrier restrictions. it’s really unfortunate that there supposedly won’t be a wifi only version. too bad the google phone store didn’t work out. i wonder how much of that was due to pressure from the carriers?

6. Mega
    September 15, 18:17 Reply

Impress me by having Sprint carry it with 4G service and mifi for up to 5 devices, then I will swoon. In the meantime, I am looking for a window to break free from the grips of the Steve J. and Appledom (2 AT&T iphones, & a 3G iPad in the same household) uggh and alas no shares of Apple stock. Bring it on Samsung!

7. jessica
    September 21, 11:12 Reply

Clearly they’re going after potential iPad users who want something more pocketable. If it’s as good as my Epic 4G (and it looks like it is), this is going to be one killer device.

8. Bob Dobbs
    November 11, 08:51 Reply

Google’s store not working out had zero to do with pressure from the carriers, it had to do with being unable to sell phones without the carriers. The carriers spend a metric load of money selling phones, have thousands of dealerships and partnerships in retail, and bundle phones with plans. Google was selling a handset from their own online store. I wonder why that didn’t work out?

9. digital piano
    February 01, 23:14 Reply

I believe the Samsung Tab will use the Android Market. Look for YouTube videos of the Tab and you’ll notice the Android Market app icon on its home screen. I don’t think Samsung even has its own App Store.Samsung announced at tonight’s press conference that the Galaxy Tab will be available on all 4 major US carriers: AT&T,T-Mobile,Sprint,and Verizon.