MiniSquadron Hits Android Market with OpenFeint Support, Limited Time Pricing
Supermono Studios and Gray Fin Studios have collaborated to bring their popular iPhone title, MiniSquadron, to the Android Market. Dedicated to giving Android users the best experience, the two have done everything they can to ensure this isn’t just a generic port of an existing game. We’re told that the game runs in higher resolution for your favorite green robot-powered platform.
If you haven’t heard of MiniSquadron before, it’s an arcade shooter that takes place in the skies above. There are over 50 airplanes available to unlock with eight levels of combat. And for those of you who are ultra-competitive, MiniSquadron is part of OpenFeint’s new cross-platorm network. Players can compete against both iPhone and Android combatants and take on a universal leaderboard to see where they rank in the world.
- 8 action packed levels of intense combat,
- Over 50 planes to unlock and collect.
- Take your friends on head-on with Local WiFi Multiplayer!
- Perform loop-the-loops, Immelman turns and other daring aerial shenanigans with a super-fluid control system and experience the joy of freedom in the air.
- 7 weapon types, including the deadly “Big Laser”
- Ducks, Seagulls, UFOs, Devil Planes & Squid!
- Rock out to the genius of Mozart, Beethoven and other famous dead composers
- Addictive Combo system for pro players!
The video you see below does come from the iPhone version, however, Gray Fin advises the Android title runs in higher resolution.
But wait, there’s more!
MiniSquadron is currently on sale for only 99c until the 19th September, at which point it will go back up to the regular price of $2.99. There is a free LITE version in the Market if you’re into the try-before-you-buy thing. NOTE: The game requires Android 2.1 and works best on newer devices (Droid, Nexus One, and beyond).