The Ticker: September 17 (Long Cats, Angry Birds, and Otterboxes)
It has been few days since the last Ticker rolled across your PC or mobile phone so we decided to drop some jam-packed Android news. We’ll dispense with the pleasantries and get right to it. Behold the Ticker for the week of September 17th!
- Craigslist posting in San Francisco is looking for Longcat Lovers willing to take part in a Flashmob. Download the free app and meet up tomorrow (September 18) to make the looooooongest longcat ever! Be there at 4:20 when it all goes down. Yeah, that time is right.
- An updated version of Angry Birds Lite has hit the Android Market and GetJar. Download it and let the developers, Rovio, know what doesn’t work. This way, they can keep crafting the “best game ever on Android”.
- Otterbox has released three models of cases for EVO 4G handsets. Click here to check out the Impact, Commuter, and Defender series of Otterbox cases.
- Twitbook Planner lets users schedule tweets from their Android phones. One of the first, if not only, apps we’ve seen do this so far.
- From Russia, with love: Double-screen concept phone would look great in our Yankee hands!
- The Galaxy Tab does wireless printing. Betcha didn’t know that. Watch how it works here.
- Another Android tablet for under $100 found online. This one, the nanopad features Android 2.1, a 7-inch screen, and 800MHz CPU.
- The Unreal Engine is coming to Android. Later, rather than sooner though as they prefer to work on iOS first.
- Splodey! is a casual game that involves tilting, shaking, and swiping to explode blocks. It’s the perfect game to hand to your kids while driving! Grab it for a buck out of the Android Market.
Viewed and manage multiple cloud-based clients (Amazon S3, RackSpace CloudFiles, Box, Apple Mobile Me, Microsoft SkyDrive, Microsoft Live Mesh, Gmail-as-a-cloud, Email-as-a-Cloud, FTP-as-a-Cloud, Google Docs, and WebDav) with one application. SMEStorage features Sync to phone, Notes Sync, Cloud and local File Manager, Share files, Groups and more. Read more at the SMEStorage.com or download the app (UK£ 2.99 | $4.67 US) by clicking here.
You might also like
Archos today announced their next Android-powered device, the 7-inch GampePad. Featuring a dual-core 1.5GHz processor, Mali 400MP quad-core GPU, 8GB internal storage, HDMI, microSD, and Wi-Fi connectivity, the device looks
As many of you many know, going to the mall during the holiday a season is a drag. The crowds, the annoyances, the Nexus One confirmations? After heading to the
Mark your calendars, the fifth annual Big Android BBQ returns this October. Well, October 16-18 to be exact. Pricing, speakers, accommodations and all that other stuff will be announced in